+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northeastern NY

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by adk1 View Post
    Yeah we have snow now mr. Was walkin the lines over the weekend had to use the snowshoes and that was before this last 12" snowfall. Hope for a great season for everyone!
    Anything running yet? I am in Lake Placid. 200 taps vacuum. I haven't tapped yet. Lots of snow here 24"and deeeeep frost. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hilltopmaple View Post
    Anything running yet? I am in Lake Placid. 200 taps vacuum. I haven't tapped yet. Lots of snow here 24"and deeeeep frost. Good luck
    Hilltopmale here in Crown Point NY its starting to run a little. From 9pm lastnight to this morning I had 150 gallons in the tank from gravity over night. Tapped in the section main today and dumped the tanks. Still coming in 34degrees out. Hoping tomorrow is like they say and sunny .
    100 buckets for 09
    180 buckets for 2010
    300 on gravity and 300 buckets for 2011
    1000 total for 2012
    250 taps on shurflow pumps
    G.H.Grimm 3x10 raise flue auf
    snowmobile and grizzly 660 four wheeler
    8 beagles an 1 aussie shepherd for company
    and last a wonderful companion that lets me do all the stuff i love (maple sugaring) and doesnt ask questions!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc375/cpmaple/

I don't think your missing a whole lot yet hilltop maple. I'm outside of Schroon Lake, a little colder than the village is, and it's just getting started. About 42 degrees for a high today, not much sun though. I've got 25 trees with good sun and vacuum on them and they gave me about 1/2 gallon sap per tap today, the rest are in the woods facing north and west and were just getting going when I got home from work at 4:00 today. It's been a good opportunity to start catching up and work out some of the kinks in my operation at least. Hopefully it will start after this next bit of cold weather.

Headed to sugar bush to tap we've had below 0 nights this week hoping sap will cut loose this week looks like a warmer week coming next week. good luck Chuck

I'm looking for a St Lawrence, or Jefferson County producer who's working with buckets and firewood. I've done it for years, but I've worn out my back, and have to give up the heavy labor part. I'd be interested in a couple barrels per year to fill a niche market next season.

+ Reply to Thread