+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 33 of 33

Thread: 2019 Bulk price

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Loudon NH
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Has the federation set the price for this year yet?
    Russ

    "Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple producing world!

    Algier 2x6 evaporator, W F Mason arch
    Lapierre 250 Turbo RO machine
    SP-22 vacuum pump
    1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    1971 IH 454 52hp diesel tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    About a dozen chainsaws and no chickens

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orwell,Vt.
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    I talked with a few folks from Quebec during the open houses. They were in the thick of the season, enduring some of the same type of runs that we had here in Vt. Looks like they will be near an average crop.
    2 1/2 x8 Lapierre Waterloo-Small (oil fired)
    Leader Steamaway
    1200 gph Lapierre RO
    1800 taps
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ks/Sugarhouse/


    Mike Christian
    505 Main St. Orwell, Vt.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT
    Posts
    4,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    Has the federation set the price for this year yet?
    Unlike U.S. packer prices, the Federation (FQAP) prices are typically set well in advance of the season. http://ppaq.ca/en/producer/useful-information/price/

    GD C$2.95
    AR C$2.94
    DR C$2.85
    VDS C$2.55

    Organic bonus C$0.18
    SS Barrel premium C$0.025
    Galvanized barrel penalty -C$0.075

    There are also penalties for over or under density syrup ranging from -C$0.10 to -C$1.00

    Note that these values are all in Canadian $. Canadian $ is worth about $0.74 today. If you parse out the "effects" of exchange rate versus supply, the Canadian/U.S. Exchange rate accounts for 96% of the difference, with the remaining 4% due to oversupply/packer factors. Overall, this is a considerable improvement over the last few years in what U.S. producers get for syrup, and indicates that "oversupply" is not having much of an impact on prices U.S. producers receive for their syrup. More room for U.S. expansion perhaps?
    Last edited by DrTimPerkins; 05-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts