+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterguy RO Rebuild

Default Waterguy RO Rebuild

Hello everyone. Been lurking as a new member for a while, reading TONS of posts on TONS of topics. This place is an incredible source of information.

Anyway, I just recently got a hold of a used Waterguy 2400 RO unit. Price was right, but the previous owner had it sitting for a couple years and was incredibly dirty. Other than that it's in pretty good shape. I don't have a lot of history on it, but I do have the Waterguy serial number, and what I think what might be a manufacture date on the HP hose out of the multistage pump. I'll try and post pictures of each at the bottom of the post, maybe someone can help me with a date of manufacture.
    So far it's cleaned up real nice and looks practically new, especially after I polished up the stainless RO housing.
    I've read about how to rinse/wash with acids and bases, but from what I understand that's generally for the health of the membrane, though I'm sure it does the hoses and pumps well, too.
    I would like to give the inside of this thing a good rinse without a membrane, and while I have it apart, was thinking of hooking up the feed bump to the RO housing and running some PBW (powdered brewer's wash) through the housing and remaining hoses and capillary's. Anyone know of any issues with this?
    Also, each of the end caps of the RO housing seem to have two grooves in them. It almost looks like there should be o-rings there, where the caps contact the ss housing. Am I missing o-rings? (pic below).
    Thanks in advance!
    -scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definitely missing the orings. There should be 2 per cap. Good luck with the refurb. A good looking unit