I'm a first time tapper near Stillwater, new to the forum. Lots of great info on maple tapping here. After cutting down some trees last weekend I noticed that they were dripping sap, so I did some more research and looked around the yard for some maples. Turns out that we have some red/silver maples on our property, and I started setting up 10 taps yesterday. I don't expect to get much, and the season is pretty much over, but it has been a really fun learning experience, and it's something that I would love to do more seriously next year. It's getting up to 40 today so I think I'll be able to get a little bit of sap. When I tapped yesterday the maples were dripping pretty good. Weather isn't looking too favorable for the rest of the week, however. Do you guys think it is worthwhile to continue collecting to the end of the week and boiling whatever I have this weekend? I know that it will be raining later this week so that won't be good for sap production. Just wanted to hear some people's thoughts. Thanks!