PDA

View Full Version : I am over this snow...

ericjeeper
03-02-2015, 04:11 PM
I told the kids today, now I know how the guys in the northeast feel.. My Kawasaki mule is dragging her belly. Tire chains are the only reason I am able to halfway maneuver through the woods. And NOW they are saying MORE snow for Wednesday evening.. Bags are frozen in the woods anywhere from a 1/4 full to plumb full.. Squirrels have decided the maple sap is quite refreshing. They destroyed one section of tubing that had 11 trees on it feeding a 55 gallon barrel. Chewed through probably 20 sap sacks.. (Found out you can use the vacuum sealer to seal the bags.). Came up just above the chew holes and gave it a new bottom seal.

maple flats
03-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I'd love to just have the snow reach the belly of my ATV. I have 3-3.5' deep on the flat with drifts at 6'+. My ATV can navigate thru about 18" crusted snow and 2' fluffy, but 3'+ is a no go. My snowmobile got stuck repeatedly trying to break 1/3 mile of trail back into the woods. If it won't go next weekend, we do it all on snowshoes for sure.

Sugarmaker
03-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Talked to a local producers wife today. There crew was out on snow shoes and said that 50 taps were tough to get in.
We are hoping for some snow going down in the next few days. I have 5 foot plowed snow piled along the roadside trees as hurdles. Not looking forward to that.
Regards,
Chris

sirsloop
03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
be careful what you wish for... before you know it you'll be complaining cause its 100F 100% humidity