PDA

View Full Version : Huge run here in laporte county

Tapping Wolf
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
My biggest run yet 60 gallons from 50 trees all on buckets all testing between 2.2 and 3.3 sugar content...these new trees I'm tappin!!!! Gonna be a busy week if the temps stay right

Tapping Wolf
02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Made 28 pints on my little cinder block arch Sunday took 13 hours

Tapping Wolf
02-12-2013, 07:58 AM
That was from 84 gallons of sap trees are sweet this year

Tapping Wolf
02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Oops should read "I made 20 pints on Sunday" my dreams caught up wither for a moment...all I'm seeing is amber

Valmere Farms
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Put out 110 taps this past weekend and caught a good flow. Gathered 80 gallons of sap on Sunday and another 80 gallons today. Sap is testing 2.5% sugar. I'm still waiting for my Patrick Phaneuf 2x6 evaporator. He said he is on his way to deliver it but I keep waiting. I hope he shows up Wed like he said or Thursday at the latest or I might be dumping a lot of sap out. Oh, I ordered this in August. I still have another 125 taps to put out later this week.

Tapping Wolf
02-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey good to hear from you! With addition of my neighbors trees this is shaping up to be a great year...I plan on stopping once I get 10 gallons or so...I almost got my wife convinced need an actual evaporator to keep up with the flow...I'm getting a huge response for my syrup through social networking, and have sold many pints...such a better season than last year....good luck

Tapping Wolf
02-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Hope you don't have to dump any, I would take some off your hands if it came to that but I can barely keep up with what I have....around 140 gallons of sap by Thursday night

rayi
02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey Tapping Wolf When Patrick comes he might have two evaporators He is supposed to deliver mine in SW Michigan the same day. Your doing good I ordered mine right after the season last year. In all fairness his wife had one heck of a car crash and was out of commission for a long time

Valmere Farms
02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Now he is suppose to deliver it on Friday. I've been very patient especially when they (Homestead maple) and Patrick have been giving me different answers on the progress and delivery dates. I hope he comes through this time. I appreciate the craftsmanship and supporting the little guy but I feel like I have been strung along with false promises of delivery dates and getting my hopes up. So, I will wait patiently by the phone and looking out the window on Friday for Santa to arrive or call like a kid at Christmas. I hope I'm not disappointed.......

Tapping Wolf
02-14-2013, 07:22 AM
It stinks to in that situation...but have patience, if you order it, it will come...unless they're back ordered, suddenly go out of business, or move to Chiangmai Mai Thailand (nice place great Starbucks, cool kick boxing gym) but the people you ordered from are reputable...some times stuff happens