PDA

View Full Version : Asking land owners about tappin there

Tapping Wolf
01-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Finally worked up the nerve to ask the folks down the road with the yard full of sugar maples if I could tap thier awesome old growth trees....not only did they say yes (for a pint off every gallon made from thier trees) but they ave 5 acres the next town over I can tap next year when I get proper hauling tanks....felt so nervous...like the first time ya ask a girl out that you never met or talked to before...over the top? maybe...but next year i might really have enough to sell and recoup a lill exspense!

spencer11
01-28-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm gonna ask a couple more neighbors this week probably, I know what you mean by being nervous the first time, yes it is like the first time asking a girl out, I can relate :lol:

Tapping Wolf
01-28-2013, 07:45 AM
yea but with less pretense about tappin:o

JohnM
01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Way to go Tap Wolf! I have an awkward situation with one of my neighbors. He let me tap his yard trees first year and I compensated him with over a gallon of syrup. Next year I left him a note for permission again. No response.

Some people don't like the buckets in their yard. I can relate to that. Not a problem since I have plenty to do anyway.

Wishing you a sweet season in 2013!

Tapping Wolf
01-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Maybe u could follow up with phn call and be all smiles with however he responds (he could have lost te note or forgot) but likle you said there is already plenty to do

shane hickey
01-28-2013, 08:13 AM
I have been told no alot but its all worth it when 1 person
Out of 10 say yes. Some want money and some want syrup just
Remember dont feel bad if someone turns you down must
Have tough skin in this business

spencer11
01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
a tip for anyone who asks about tapping trees, if you have kids that are into it bring them. people are always amazed when they find out that this is what i do being only 15, i have a couple people that want me to tap there trees, i didnt even have to ask!