PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a set of used pans 2 X 6

Indiana-Jones
09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi all, I looking for a set of pans for a 275 gallon fuel tank project. 24" X 60" or something in that neighborhood. I have been poking around here locally, running down leads on who had boiled in the past trying to find some cast off equipment. No luck yet, so I'm posting this here in the Indiana section hoping for a lead here in southwest Indiana. I'm near Terre Haute.

I'll be tapping about 100 trees for the next few years till I can quit the day job, needing a 15-20 GPH boil rate.

Thanks for all info that you can provide.

PS. I hope everyone had a great summer.

nace
10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
hi indy, i bought some stainless at the scrap yard and plan on taking it to the trade school to get it welded. check with your local trade school, they may be able to buy the stainless and build you a pan. just a thought anyway. have a blessed day...nace

Indiana-Jones
11-07-2011, 06:23 AM
I search no more. Ordered a new set of pans from the folks a Sunrise Metal Shop in Northern Indiana.
I was looking at getting a hobby combo pan, 36 inches of 5 in drop flues and 24 inches of syrup pan. I was worried that there could be issues with one piece design so I paid a little more and had them built as two pans. Than I discovered the hobby syrup pan only had 1 divider, so I paid a little more for a four channel front pan. I'm hoping that the pans will be done by Christmas, but Sunrise said that they were booked till January.

Now that the size of the pan is set, I can get on with the 275 gallon oil tank build.

Thanks to all for their input on this thread.