+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CV spouts in Ontario

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Campbellford, on
    Posts
    682

    Default CV spouts in Ontario

    Can someone who uses these in Ontario tell me where I can get them from or order them online? Only place I can find to order them from is the US and by the time I pay exchange and shipping they will cost a fortune. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County Ohio
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clinkis View Post
    Can someone who uses these in Ontario tell me where I can get them from or order them online? Only place I can find to order them from is the US and by the time I pay exchange and shipping they will cost a fortune. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx
    I don't use them, but you should be able to buy from one of the Leader distributors in Ontario...
    https://www.leaderevaporator.com/t-L...ealers.aspx#qc
    John Allin

    14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lanark, ON
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Clinkis - We use them. You can either get them from Vader's in Prince Edward County or Phil Zoeller at Glengarry Maple southeast of Ottawa.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Campbellford, on
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Perfect thanks. Prince Edward County is definitely closest so I will contact them.

    Are you happy with them Ennis? I’ve been replacing my spouts every year with just the standard spouts but my drops and laterals are getting older and thought I would try these to see if I can extend them for a few more years.
    Last edited by Clinkis; 12-12-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lanark, ON
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    We are happy with them. The original black CV's are easier to remove from the stubbies and the polycarbonate CV adapters get "stuck" to the stubbie and need a pair of vice grips to remove. The CV 2's that you cut off the tubing each year we have not used.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Leeds County,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ennismaple View Post
    We are happy with them. The original black CV's are easier to remove from the stubbies and the polycarbonate CV adapters get "stuck" to the stubbie and need a pair of vice grips to remove. The CV 2's that you cut off the tubing each year we have not used.
    . Marty,also depends on who is installing them. I do all the drilling,put the check valves in the hole,my wife drives them in and attaches the stubby. Helper one year drove check valves in until the “ wings” were up against the tree,never invited him back again
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT
    Posts
    5,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce L View Post
    Helper one year drove check valves in until the “ wings” were up against the tree,never invited him back again
    REALLY bad idea. Sap yield drops off by overdriving spouts (any type). https://www.themaplenews.com/story/t...ks-touch-/266/
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lanark, ON
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce L View Post
    . Marty,also depends on who is installing them. I do all the drilling,put the check valves in the hole,my wife drives them in and attaches the stubby. Helper one year drove check valves in until the “ wings” were up against the tree,never invited him back again
    Agreed Bruce. The issue tends to be the seating of the stubby in the spout. One extra tap of the hammer and the polycarbonate CV2's won't come off the stubby without channel locks. I wish I could do all the tapping but we need help to get it done. I'm blaming our training program!
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Campbellford, on
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Thanks for all the info. I always just cut old tap out and attach a new one so getting stuck on a stubby won’t be an issue. I only have around 350 taps and do it all myself so have no one to blame but me when things go wrong!
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts