+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Boil In Chesterfield

Ran hard here last night.....looks like another weekend boil
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

My taps began to wake up in West Granvillle last evening but not worth collecting. Hope to get a 3 day run though Friday's weather looks like a 3-dayer would be a stretch!

Collected 20 gallons last night, there is another 60 this AM and still running. Starting the fire soon and will be boiling all day. Made almost 10 gallons so far from 100 taps.

Dave
    Mountain Maple farm
    2022 NAMSC award winning dark amber syrup
    2023: 320 taps, 70% red maples. Mountain Maple S4 diaphragm pump controller with automated sap transfer and text messaging
    https://www.mountainmaplefarm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainMapleFarm/

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Collected 20 gallons last night, there is another 60 this AM and still running. Starting the fire soon and will be boiling all day. Made almost 10 gallons so far from 100 taps.

Dave
    That is incredible Dave!!! What is producing more the vacuum or the 3/16" tubing?
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn

Quote Originally Posted by johnpma View Post
    Ran hard here last night.....looks like another weekend boil
    Yeah, I didn't check the buckets when I got home from work yesterday, but I had a feeling yesterday and today would be a pretty decent run. 1.5 gallons in the bucket from one of my better producing trees this morning on the way out of the house to head to work. Wee!
    2016 - 5 taps - soda bottles and water jugs - boiled over a firepit - 3 quarts
    2017 - 15 taps - 5g buckets - barrel evaporator - "Bessie" - 2.85 gallons

collected another 90 gallons this morning.....it's running hard for sure.

I gathered a total of 140 gallons yesterday and boiled 12 hrs. Still running strong this morning.

I am getting good vacuum from the pumps - 20-26" top and bottom of lines. My gravity line is also running great, it has a 15' drop. I was going to build another pump unit to put on the gravity line but I am maxed out on boiling capacity so I don't want it to run better! A larger evaporator is on my shopping list for next year

Couple new videos of my pump stations in action, posted on my Facebook page.

Dave
    Mountain Maple farm
    2022 NAMSC award winning dark amber syrup
    2023: 320 taps, 70% red maples. Mountain Maple S4 diaphragm pump controller with automated sap transfer and text messaging
    https://www.mountainmaplefarm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainMapleFarm/

Likewise, collected 20g from 15 taps last night, since last collection Monday night. Boiling after work this evening. :-)
    2016 - 5 taps - soda bottles and water jugs - boiled over a firepit - 3 quarts
    2017 - 15 taps - 5g buckets - barrel evaporator - "Bessie" - 2.85 gallons

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    I gathered a total of 140 gallons yesterday and boiled 12 hrs. Still running strong this morning.

I am getting good vacuum from the pumps - 20-26" top and bottom of lines. My gravity line is also running great, it has a 15' drop. I was going to build another pump unit to put on the gravity line but I am maxed out on boiling capacity so I don't want it to run better! A larger evaporator is on my shopping list for next year

Couple new videos of my pump stations in action, posted on my Facebook page.

Dave
    Great to hear your season is going well Dave!! I will take a peek at the videos when I have a moment. Bigger unit UT OH!!!! If you need a hand rigging or a trailer I have a 14 foot flat bed trailer.....just gimme a shout!!

Quote Originally Posted by sappytapper View Post
    Likewise, collected 20g from 15 taps last night, since last collection Monday night. Boiling after work this evening. :-)
    Great night to boil!! Plus you have the moonlight I was out until 7:30PM collecting the moon was better than my headlamp LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast