+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulled my taps today...

Default Pulled my taps today...

I usually run about 20 taps, this year I'm recovering from a total knee replacement that was done at the beginning of January.

To limit my hobbling around and appease my better half, I only tapped the 2 sugar maples in the yard. Pulled the taps when I got home from work and boiled down the last of the sap.

Had a good year for 5 taps, ended up with just over 2 gallons of the sweet stuff. Enough for us and a little to give away to the people that matter.

Hope you all had good seasons.

Jim
    Allamuchy

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyed View Post
    I usually run about 20 taps, this year I'm recovering from a total knee replacement that was done at the beginning of January.

To limit my hobbling around and appease my better half, I only tapped the 2 sugar maples in the yard. Pulled the taps when I got home from work and boiled down the last of the sap.

Had a good year for 5 taps, ended up with just over 2 gallons of the sweet stuff. Enough for us and a little to give away to the people that matter.

Hope you all had good seasons.

Jim
    Allamuchy
    So overall a great season for your needs . Our taps have just about stopped but i have to wait for the weekend to pull them . I,m not far from you in Hardwick .
    2010-1st year,30 taps on buckets ,concrete block and 4 stainless pans

+ Reply to Thread