+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5000 taps, one man

Hybrid View

I've been sugaring my small sugarbush at home for years (300 taps), so I have a good idea what I'm getting into. I'm big into forest management. Tubing and RO will be new to me however. The lot I'm considering is nearby in beautiful Franklin County, VT.

Of course the economics is a factor. But it is not the only factor. If economics were everyone's no.1 focus, we would have no independent restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, mom&pop stores, general stores...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanbridge View Post
    I've been sugaring my small sugarbush at home for years (300 taps), so I have a good idea what I'm getting into. I'm big into forest management. Tubing and RO will be new to me however. The lot I'm considering is nearby in beautiful Franklin County, VT.

Of course the economics is a factor. But it is not the only factor. If economics were everyone's no.1 focus, we would have no independent restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, mom&pop stores, general stores...
    Hate to say it but, I would assume you are Canadian then? You will need US work authorization to start a company in the US. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    Hate to say it but, I would assume you are Canadian then? You will need US work authorization to start a company in the US. Food for thought.
    Luckily, I am as american as most of you. I was lucky enough to get US citizenship through my mother.

All this advice has been great, many valid suggestions. I will keep you posted on my progress. Like WestfordSugarworks mentioned, land in Franklin County does come at a premium, so I hope that the seller and I can agree on a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanbridge View Post
    Luckily, I am as american as most of you. I was lucky enough to get US citizenship through my mother.

All this advice has been great, many valid suggestions. I will keep you posted on my progress. Like WestfordSugarworks mentioned, land in Franklin County does come at a premium, so I hope that the seller and I can agree on a fair price.
    Great then, good luck!

Well, it was not to be for this specific piece of land. We're 10k apart on the price, and I'm not willing to budge as I've already been quite generous with my offer.

The search goes on for that special piece of Franklin County to call my own. Feel free to PM me if you know of anything that might be of interest.

Keep an eye out in the classified section. There is a subfolder for land sales.

+ Reply to Thread