+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking for Head Tank\Feed Tank advice...

Here is a close up picture of how I attached it. Sorry about the delay again. I have been pretty busy boiling. Late night last night. Boiled til 2:30am this morning after working all day. The things we'll do for this hobby.
    PXL_20210304_235901850.jpg

Polish Wizard,

Those are some nice bulk head fittings. I have alot of tanks all with plastic bulk head fittings but having SS you'd know for sure they are food grade. I have also installed cam locks into my head tank to allow for even greater ease to take apart and clean. Consider going stainless with those up front as well. Cam locks are my best friend, and I will be slowly swapping out my plastic camlocks with SS as I can afford them. And, yes, I will also be swapping out the brass fittings I have in my systems feed lines. My feed line is 3/4" into my backflip preheater from Smoky Lake in my steam hood and it handles it well. I have a high output 2 x 6 drop flue from Smoky Lake to give a idea of what I'm supplying my sap into.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Cellars Farm View Post
    Here is a close up picture of how I attached it. Sorry about the delay again. I have been pretty busy boiling. Late night last night. Boiled til 2:30am this morning after working all day. The things we'll do for this hobby.
    Attachment 22126
    Thank you so much. That helps. Appreciate you taking the time to get back.
    16x24 Timber Frame Sugar House
    Mason 2x4 Evaporator
    90 trees on buckets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234