+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pan Manufacturers

Default Pan Manufacturers

Im looking for someone to make me a new 2x4 continuous flow pan with a float box/float. Any ideas of who manufacturers them or if there are any good Amish manufacturers that are cheap? Im a college student that runs a sugar making club in Maine and we have a very small budget. Follow the link to see what I want.

https://www.smokylakemaple.com/produ...4%27+x+8.5%22#

Get the smoky lake pan. With the float box option. I just got a Patrick Phaneuf 2x5 this year. It works real good but I had to jimmy rig a couple things on it to get it going. Thermometer probe was way to high and not on angle, and float box inlet to pan is sloped back to float box. So I had to bend the mounts and fab a bracket to weld to arch to hold it. I'm sure the smoky lake pans don't have that problem. But if you want a good deal and bang for your buck and can wait till next February to get your pan call Patrick. His prices are in Canadian $$.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

Smokey Lake or Thor (Quebec) are good. Right now with the weak Canadian dollar, thor may be cheaper. Buy it in Canadian dollars and then send a money order or charge it with the exchange rate. Don't let them take the same price in US dollars. A few days ago, a Canadian $ was only worth $.76 US.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpoirier15 View Post
    ... if there are any good Amish manufacturers that are cheap?
    I got my evaporator from an Amish company called Sunrise Metal Shop. They do top-notch work and may be a little cheaper than your link. Another Amish company people mention are A&A, I recall that they solder pans instead of tig weld so they may be even cheaper still (but I don't know their stuff).
    Jamie Jones
    2017 - 120 taps, 68G syrup - automated pumping from collection to head tank
    2016 - 118 taps (about half on 3/16"), 60G syrup
    2015 - 115 taps, 58G syrup - new wireless blower switch and remote pump switch from tank to shack
    2014 - 120 taps, 53G syrup - hobby vac
    2013 - 120 taps, 40G syrup - Sunrise Metal 2x6, 12x14 sugarhouse
    2012 - 44 taps, 6G syrup -gravity tube, 4 steam pans on block arch, plastic greenhouse shack - (I'm hooked!)

Check www.wfmasonwelding.com He is in Maine and makes maple equipment. Does good work and very reasonably priced.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

We went to Bill Mason in. Maine to pick up our 2x4 xl. Very good price and excellent workmanship. Made 50 gallons on it this year. Check his website

+ Reply to Thread