+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding inexpensive "food grade" ball-type check valves?

lpakiz Guest

Dale, that's what I tried to tell you. Those exact valves are here at my place--45 minutes from your door. You could have used them for free!! Too bad----

Quote Originally Posted by lpakiz View Post
    Dale, that's what I tried to tell you. Those exact valves are here at my place--45 minutes from your door. You could have used them for free!! Too bad----
    Didn't sound like that to me. I'm not interested in having strings attached to those "free" valves.

lpakiz Guest

This was the PM I sent you.

Dale,
    I have several Bender releasers and the check-valves that were standard issue with them.. I would be willing to let you use one for a while (deposit??) if I could get a chance to buy your releaser when you are thru with it. I am in Greenwood, just south of Withee.....
    715-000-7257 Home
    715-00-1781 Cell

As everyone can see, the only "condition" was that I get first chance to buy your releaser.
    Last edited by lpakiz; 03-07-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Add "cut and paste" and block out phone numbers

I would be interested in a link to the article sound very interesting also if you could post some of the vaccum release thing on he kind without the big black disk kind thanks

500592 - I dug up a wikipedia article that Dale has authored: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender_Machine_Works
    which may be the one he is referencing to in this thread. I haven't read it yet but I'm not sure why he didn't want to share the link with us here on the trader. I'm not sure I appreciate the unfriendly response to lpakiz either. And why put the releasers up on eBay before asking around here if any of us are interested or putting them in the classifieds?
    20+ taps (mostly silvers) - welded shut kitchen sink + 2x3 divided pan on a dry stacked block arch.

Thanks peepers I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
    500592 - I dug up a wikipedia article that Dale has authored: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender_Machine_Works
    which may be the one he is referencing to in this thread. I haven't read it yet but I'm not sure why he didn't want to share the link with us here on the trader. I'm not sure I appreciate the unfriendly response to lpakiz either. And why put the releasers up on eBay before asking around here if any of us are interested or putting them in the classifieds?
    The Wikipedia article was referenced in the first post of this thread, though with a different name. I recently renamed the article to "Bender Machine Works" because I can not figure out what is the proper way to talk about this dairy history subject, and nobody else knows either. I still have no idea if the Step Saver cart was a from a different manufacturer, or how many people made it, or if it was just called a "milk transfer cart", or if there was a patent dispute over them. It looks like releasers can be used without the cart with only pipelines so it's not exclusive to the cart, either. The whole topic of obsolete dairy technology is very hard to research and categorize.

I'm not trying to make the private valve discussion public. Ipakiz brought it up. I was not interested in paying a deposit on items I've never seen, didn't know if they're complete, etc.

All the releasers I've seen mentioned here since about Nov 2011 are on ebay. I don't know of a classifieds section, and besides I prefer the bid format anyway. Though I expect to start my relisting at the price where I bought them, and possibly a little more to cover the new gaskets and bits I'm buying from Hamby Dairy for rebuilding them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12