+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bricking\vermiculite 3x12 lighting

Default Bricking\vermiculite 3x12 lighting

We just bought a newer used arch to replace are old one, It was just bricked all the way back to the stack. The arch that we are replacing was bricked, then had vermiculite and sand on top of the bricks, The sand in most places came level to the cross members of the arch. I am confused now about how to re-brick the new arch,any suggestions on the proper way to re-brick?

If raised flue, fill the entire area behind the firebox up to enough with Vermiculite that when you lay a layer of brick flat you are within 1/2-1/4" of the top rails. This should go back until you drop down to just 1 layer for the last 6-8" before the stack. Buy the vermiculite from a commercial greenhouse supply in like 4 or 6 CF bags. Large or small curd either is good.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

how do we brick the slope directly behind the grates?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread