+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Conversation piece

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgen.maple View Post
    We do not want unfiltered commercial and expect the prices of that sub-standard quality to drop to $1.50/lb. or less. If you cannot put that last run through your filter, then it is time to pull the taps[/I]
    If they DO NOT want it, then why pay a $1.50? We do not want to me means "they don't want" it, and you are to pull your taps, that to me meens they really don't want it.

If I make some and can't get it through the filter, I will be late in getting the taps out, because I will have to have them left in to know whether I can or can't get it to go through.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

I guess time will tell. I can understand what jerrys saying. The comercial syrup sometimes has been bust in the past thats why some guys dont bother with the stuff, plus the wear and tear on the equipment.... one things for sure if theres a market and they want it we can put the "mersh" right to em!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456