Thread: Pump House Setup and Temperature

Threaded View

Default Pump House Setup and Temperature

I just had my woods redone for high vacuum with 1175 taps on a wet/dry system. It was 800 on 3/16 gravity. I have an 8x10 pump house which is going to house the Busch R5 pump, electric extractor, etc. I have a 700 gallon covered milk tank outside the pump house, and a 230 gallon round bottom inside the pump house. My plan was to fill the 230 gallon tank from the releaser, and either pump it out to the larger tank, or use an overflow if I have the right height for that. The guy who did the pipeline work told me that the pump house would be too warm to store sap in the 230 gallon tank. As you can see, I need the capacity of the 230 and even that won't be enough. So the question is: Will it be too warm in there with the pump running to use the 230 tank as intermediate storage? I have a 680 round bottom too, and he recommended I use that and the 700, both outside. I know I don't have enough capacity by rule of thumb, but I am asking if the inside tank is a bad idea. He did mention I might be able to pump it to the sugarhouse - which is 1500 feet away and probably a 100 foot rise in elevation Thoughts?
    Last edited by northloopmaple; 06-05-2024 at 02:28 PM.