So I have been using Misco emaple refractometers for 16 years now. My 1st unit worked well but went through batteries faster each year until it would need new batteries 2 times a day and I finally got sick of it and ordered my second one. The second one worked well and batteries would last a full season it it was a great unit until this year when I broke the hinge on the "flapper" or "lid" that closes over the test well. It still works but is now a 2 piece tester which isn't the most convenient. Anyway I decided to order another new one online in hopes of having a good reliable tester again ($500 with shipping) which would now be my 3rd unit. Well it showed up 8 days later, I calibrated it used it 5-6 times and then it started showing "error" on the screen. I let it sit over the rest of the day and used the old one. The next day I tried again and it worked 2 times and then showed the "error" again. I then called Misco customer service and talked to a "Mike Barber". He told me to ship it back and he would get it fixed right way or ship a new one out under warranty. Well after a week of hearing nothing I decide to call him and check in on the status. First they tell me that they can't find it, then they call me back and say they found it, but that they can not fix it or warranty because it had liquid inside of it and wouldn't even power up anymore? The only thing they will do is give me a $50 off of a new one. I have no idea if they got my unit mixed up or if it had bad seals from the factory but I did not get it wet anymore than dripping sap on the test well and cleaning it back off. I am pretty reluctant to purchase another one after loosing $500 to what I think is not my mistake. Has anyone else had issues with Misco customer service? Any other good brands out there with better customer service? Sorry for the rant, I'm feeling a little grumpy about it.