hi all - i am finally upgrading my filtering setup to a filter press, and I have a ton of questions. I know there are some threads here but was hoping to get some refreshed information given the newer technology / models. For a quick background, I have 200 taps in natural 3/16 vac and produce / bottle 6-10 gallons of syrup a day.

My first questions are around processing. Will i be able to process only 6-10 gallons per day even with the smaller press? How long can I leave the press filters in place, one day, one week, a month?

Does the syrup need to be boiling temperature to work through the press or just warm? If not boiling, is there a temperature the syrup needs to reach first?

For the hand pump vs gear pump, does anyone have a really strong reason / experience to not get the hand pump? the cost seems pretty appealing and i think it will work for the small amount of syrup ill be processing.

In terms of the press material, it look like there are basically aluminum, plastic, and stainless. Does anyone have a major opinion one over the other?

thanks!!!