Quote Originally Posted by unimog406 View Post
I live in williston ND and would like to do maple syruping, so before you say I am crazy I am not really looking to make a ton of money off it its more or less just a hobby. I used to live in NY and had a large sugarbush 10000 trees but went out west for the oil patch. I have all the equipment already I just need sap. Is there anyone outhere that would sell me about 1000-1500 gallons and possibly even haul it for an additional fee? Yes I do know sap goes rancid in about 4-5 days maximum. Thanks, Toby
Toby- I feel your pain my friend. I walked away from sugaring years ago and moved to Alaska but never could stop thinking about sugaring. You got the bug for sure and it is not going to go away. Walking away from a 10,000 tap sugar woods has got to hurt real bad. I would rather have someone cut off my privates then walk away from 10,000 taps. Did you sell this woods? If not could you tap a small portion of it and pay someone to haul that sap to you? Hang in there my friend because this sickness will not go away.

Spud