+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Sugarbush Directory

Quote Originally Posted by maplefrank View Post
    thanks for adding Pleasant Valley Maples.........
    My pleasure maplefrank and as posted above, a photo for your main page will be coming soon... likely the beginning of January when I up grade to the paid service.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Default test reply

Test reply per request
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Thanks very much Dr. Tim. Seems it's specific to the text I'm attempting to post. I do love mySQL databases.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by BryanEx View Post
    Thanks very much Dr. Tim. Seems it's specific to the text I'm attempting to post. I do love mySQL databases.
    My pleasure. I've had a few server errors during attempts to post, particularly with long messages. Not sure exactly why.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

All Maple Traders that own their own domain name should now be included in the Sugarbush Directory. Approaching 200 links with a goal of 500+ for January 1, 2011. If you have a maple web site and own your own domain name but have not received an email from me, check Sugarbush Info in my sig line below to see if you are listed. The web site will be going "live" January 1st!

To whomever posted a link to www.Sugarbush.Info on facebook... thanks very much! 26 visitors so far looking for maple syrup info.

Be sure to let me know if you add a link to Sugarbush.Info on your maple site because I will add you to the "Featured Sites" listings and you will always be listed first in your category.

Speaking of categories, I have not been able to find online maple producers in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Manitoba and may have to drop those categories before the January 1 launch date. I have found producers in those States or Province... just none that had a web site.

Bryan,
    In process of adding the www.Sugarbush.info link to our web site. Should be up by the weekend.
    Merry Christmas,
    Chris
    Last edited by Sugarmaker; 12-23-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

Awesome... thanks very much Chris. I'll explain why exchanging links is important in an upcoming post but in the mean time here is my own personal example;

http://www.stonebriarfarm.com/contactus.html

Check out the discrete link at the bottom of the page above the footer and just below the logo.

Bryan,

Nice site. Should be a valuable tool to all of us.

Our website is ToadHillMaple.com and we are in NY.

Thanks,

Randy Galusha

Toad Hill has been added Randy... ready nicely designed web site btw! Be sure to review the description and just email or PM me any changes you'd like made.

I have a new question for those of you following this discussion. I just received a link submission from a company that sells maple syrup online. As far as I can tell they are not a producer and do not have a store location... it's strictly online sales. They submitted their link to the "Distributors" category which I think best fits their business model but I had also pictured distributors as being equipment and supplies. So far I have only seen two web sites that are strictly based on Internet sales. Is two web sites enough to set up a "buy maple syrup online" type category and if so, what should it be called? Should it be a sub-category of Canada / US or a main category available right from the main page? The other issue is that would open up a whole new can of worms because many sugarbushes also offer online sales or shopping carts. I can cross-link listings so they are included in more than one category but so far that has been limited to those that produce and supply equipment and/or supplies to others.

As always, share your wisdom and common sense Maple Traders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast