+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeLaval Releaser

Default DeLaval Releaser

I've got a line on an old DeLaval releaser. The owner says it was used effectively for a long time but he upgraded to a newer horizontal. The DeLaval is an electric releaser, apprears to have an approx. 10 gallon iron tank, painted blue, a 'ping-pong ball with spring' overflow switch and a 1" outlet for the evac pump. (possibly an old milk releaser.) I don't have pics yet but I can't seem to find it here or on the WWW. Anyone heard of such an animal? If I can get the right evac. pump for the right price it'll be a good deal. I'll try and post pics today or tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Releaser1.jpg Here's the link to the releaser
    Last edited by BradWilson; 09-07-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add picture

It looks to me like all the fittings are galvanized so I doubt it is any form of a releaser. Delaval electronic releasers are usually glass or stainless steel and have electronic probes that extend into the milk to activate the pump when milk reaches a certain level. I have never seen anything that looks like that used for milk. Looks more like a vacuum balance tank. I may be wrong...it would not be the first time

I agree that doesn't look like a milk receiver to me.
    It kind of looks like a moisture/dirt trap. When I pulled out a milking setup this year there was something like that hanging on the wall beside the glass milk receiver. It had the same metal top but the one I got was a SS can that was maybe 8" round and maybe 24" long.
    I added a pic below to show how it was all setup. The part I am talking about is in the lower left corner, it doesn't have the can hanging on it but you can see that the top is the same.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Default delaval releaser

dennis the part u r talkin about usualy has a can with a crude drain in it. its ur last protection when the probes fail and the milk fills the reciever jar. next step vaccum pump full of milk. not good

Haynes Forest Products Guest

If you look to the left of the unit in the plumbing you will see the top of the moisture trap. The glass jar fills and then the pump sends it to the tank. FOLLOW the plumbing.

If you look to the left of the unit in the plumbing you will see the top of the moisture trap. The glass jar fills and then the pump sends it to the tank. FOLLOW the plumbing. The left side is the vacuum side thats why it turns to galvanized with the vac regulator. I like it its cool

That little pump and controller is GOLD dont discount what you have or could get. Look around for a SS 24" high bucket that has a handle that will fit the trap.

Haynes I have the SS bucket thing. It was there he just had it removed. It has a bail style handle that is also used to snap up over the cast iron top to hold the SS bucket on.

I actually got 2 of them, at another auction where I picked up a small delaval pump it also had one of them on it.

Brad you have to watch out with the milk receiver that use a pump to suck out the milk. the pump that was on the large glass milk receiver that is in the pick is a 220v motor. I kind of wish it was a 120V. I am limited to where I will be able to use it if I can ever use it. I think when I looked at the controller that it can run off both 120 or 220.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Thanks for all the input.

Haynes, the owner says that they screwed a mason jar onto the trap.

Dennis, he reassured me that it was all 110v. With a little research I've found a 1HP (115v) Goulds pump that should evac that thing without a problem. The Goulds is going to cost less than $300.00 so I'm gonna pull the trigger on the deal unless someone thinks I'm missing something.

Again, thanks for all the input, I knew I could count on you guys.

Haynes, I'm gonna skip the reclaimer for this year, I've just got way too much to do before spring and I'm running outa time. I'll keep in touch I promise.

If it looks like what Dennis H posted the goulds pump is actually more expensive than you think. They last forever considering how much water has been sprayed on them over the years in a milkhouse. My folks have a more modern set-up in their milkroom...no glass. All stainless. I may install it in the sugar house whenever they retire from milking....
    Bob- 4 x 12 Small Bros. Lightning w/raised flues-open pans
    20 x 40 sugarhouse, all tubing-main line to sugarhouse
    1400+- for 2011 & 100% vacuum
    Polaris 500 HO w/Tatou 4s Tracks
    1 Chocolate Lab from TEXAS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast