+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sugar House for 2011

Thank you all for the feed back. I have not picked up the evaperator yet. I plan on picking it up in a couple weeks. I need to get the roof on the new sugar house first. Vacation next week, plans to get er done. I hope to update my photos soon.
    Maple Ridge Sugar House
    230 taps for 2016
    12 X 16 Sugar House.
    20 X 66 CDL Evaperator.
    A good Wife that enjoys collecting and working in the sugar house.

Bascom's is having a tubing seminar October 1st. I have signed myself and wife up. This should be interesting. Hope to learn allot.
    Maple Ridge Sugar House
    230 taps for 2016
    12 X 16 Sugar House.
    20 X 66 CDL Evaperator.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I think what is missing in the conversation is What do we call a bottom or what we think the bottom is. If your arch has a space under the grates you HAVE a ash pit/space...........IF your arch has a metal plate at the bottom of the ash pit that is the BOTTOM.......IF you dont have anything below the arch when it comes from the factory then your sap shack floor will be your BOTTOM.

If your arch is open to the bare floor and the floor is wood then yea steel WITH insulation is recomended steel corrigated roofing works good because of the air space criss cross a few sheets and all is hunky dory. Make sure that the top one runs front to back for easy cleaning

Everything is together now. Just a few fine tuning of things and will be ready for the 2011 season. I am suer there will be somthing not right, but will need to deal with them as they arrive. Snow cover is good, tempatures not all over the place, could be a good season. This is my first season with my new evaperator and a little nervice. Bacon's farm is having a class on running and maintenance of an evaperator and I will be there. No such thing as too much information.
    Maple Ridge Sugar House
    230 taps for 2016
    12 X 16 Sugar House.
    20 X 66 CDL Evaperator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234