+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a good week!!

Default It's been a good week!!

After finding a working vacum pump in one of our old barns I started looking for other vacum stuff and just found a 400 gallon girton bulk tank with compressor and agitator, the glass releaser, trap, glass pipe, transfer pump, and water heater all for $500... pretty good deal I think, so tomorrow it all finds a new home!!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2200 GPH Lapierre Turbo RO
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

www.waysidemaplefarms.com
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/waysidemaple/

wow, your really expanding. going to a commercial evap from a homemade jobber and a new sugarhouse from a tarp! now thats progress!

Yeah I got my evap from upsmapleman at the end of January and ive been iching to use it ever since... my original plan was just to gather the supplies up so when i finish college i can get right into it but its moving alittle faster than planned.... A okay with me though!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

good for you good for you. I am still in the planning stages but will be pulling the trigger and taking action in another year. I will miss out on next year for my own operation but will continue assisting next year

I helped out a local guy for two years while i was in high school. Really learned alot, I think that is the smart thing to do... watch and learn, and do it right the first time. good luck when you do go for it....its a blast for me, i cant imagin not boiling sap in march!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Wayside I cant amagine doing it right the first time and then never making a mistake down the road. What would we talk about if we didnt have a chance to stick it to our fellow producers for being so stupid as to set things on fire or flood the sap shack with finished syrup Good Luck

HAHA....I never said anything about not making mistakes. I just said do it right the first time and from what I have experiecned and read on here the only way to do it right is to make mistakes. My hope is that I can by pass the mistakes that have been posted on here and then make my own new ones, post those and save somebody else from doing the same thing. I love this site can't get enough of it!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

I see when the hot action is here on these boards.. You guys do know that is is post season and basically May now right, but your still on here! Glad to be one of you!

ADK1 - take some advice from an old guy --- forget perfect -- We silly humans can't deliver perfect - just do our best. You say you help some folks make maple syrup and I believe you - so - you know how it is done. Early next sugarin season - tap a couple of your own trees - put your sap in a pan on the kitchen stove and let it boil (chances are the wife will holler - ignore that) you are a man on a mission. You will probably end up with a little maple syrup and it might be a little thin - but - it is maple syrup. Now U B Da Man - You are now ADK1 Maple Syrup Maker and You bow to no man. Oh - take your wife out to dinner - cause she will probably still be upset about you becoming a syrup maker on Her stove...... hope you can take a little kidding....Your Maple Syrup will be just great -- only -- start boiling - Mike

Haynes Forest Products Guest

And after dinner you can swing buy Home Depot and pick out new paint colors because you will be painting the kitchen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast