+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taps still dry ! Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
    Better weather in the forecast Riley/MN so hang in there!
    Oh yeah, no worries...

Last year we put most of our taps in on either 3/16 or 3/19, so not too worried yet.

Makes me think tho... this trade fair I went to was all pre-1840 stuff. Back then the sugar was a staple to the natives... Do you think those guys got worried when they had a slow sap run in the spring?

lpakiz Guest

Peepers,
    Do you know a lot of people in Hastings? My old (1969-70) Army buddy Wally Tix is from Hastings and is coming to Wisconsin Wed PM to help cook syrup. He lives out in the country on Orlando Ave...Ring any bells?

Ipakiz - I don't know Wally but it I'm almost his neighbor. I'm in a subdivision off of Hwy 316 between 190th and 200th streets, I drive past Orlando most every day. Does he have any maples we can tap?

I've never been to Greenwood, WI. My parents have a cottage in Phillips up Hwy 13 and my in-laws are Steven's Point so I breeze by on Hwy 29 several times a year. Maybe I'll have to swing by and say hi sometime.

We had some sap slowly running today, didn't freeze here last night so we didn't get a real good run. I think I have enough to sweeten the pans tomorrow tho. Yee-ha, let the boiling begin!!!!
    20+ taps (mostly silvers) - welded shut kitchen sink + 2x3 divided pan on a dry stacked block arch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12