+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Tapping

Default Richland County

Down here in Richland cty, we have had alot of snow ,, I would have tapped a week ago, but the snow was o deep on the ridgerd that I need to take back into the woods,, it's acrossan "80" to get there,, now the weather has been around 45-50 all week, ,, finally got to tap today,, (jusyt 25 pails) my second year,, hoping for better weather,,

Maple.King Guest

we have 140 gallons of syrup made so far, vacuum pump hasn't shut off for 3 days. hope it starts freezing at nights soon, hoping for a good three more weeks.

Maple King...off of how many taps? Undoubtedly vac will be a big help this season. But other than that it's been very poor thus far.

Maple.King Guest

We buy sap from other people to but they brought very little so far. Without vacuum it would be alot less. 1800 vac trees first year with vac

I had 900 gallons off the 290 taps that I put new check valve drops on. This was from thursday night til sunday night, both at 10 pm. That would be over 1 gallon per day with 19" vacuum running non-stop.

I just finished tapping all the vacuum bushes today. The trees were running fair to good even without vacuum on Sunday and no freeze. Course that alot of times happens when the hot sun starts beating on them where its been clouds and fog for a week.

Still looking to 500 bags middle to late week and 175 non vacuum tubing.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

Frost here this morning, there'll be sap today.
    Gonna start taping my silver's now that the river is going down.
    2000 more to go then done tapping

Default Mark, Set, Go!

Things are finally rolling here. Saturday surprised us with a fair run under less than favorable conditions. Like Mark said, yesterdays warm sun promoted a run despite the lack of a freeze.
    Test dropped, with the rain and snow melt providing ample water to the trees.
    Sap was at 58F yesterday, hence we dropped into making Dark. Oh well. It was great tasting syrup.
    RO,s working good , one generator seized up, vacuum holding at 19".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567