+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wayne County, New York 2010

Default Game Over

Well boys I packed it in today, I tap mostly silver maples and the buds have started to break; so the season is offically over for me. Made just over a gallon of syrup, hopefully better luck next year. Good luck to all of you who are still in!

Well it's been about 12 days sence we've gotten any sap. Only thing left to do now is pick up, clean up and sell the little bit we did make. I think it was about 8.5 gal the last 1.5 being grade B. Not the season I had hoped for!!!! I'm almost shure we had 4 freezing knights the hole month of March. One of them may have been Febuary still? Very disapointing!!!!! Look for a bigger better next year.
    100 taps
    Percheron draft horses
    Back out side and to small of
    an evaporator!

Default Seasons over

Took a walk and pulled all taps today. I didn't expect to find that all the holes would still be wet. Also had some what of a run take place over night. About 65 gallons of sap. Mixed in with some three week old sap there was a total of maybe 100 gallons of sap for the last three weeks of March. Not a bad daily average but for 3/4 of the month. I don't think it was a good average at all! I will say it was nice to see after all that hot weather that the holes were still wet. So thats a rap for use this season. Time to tend to the hatching chicks and ducks. Get the green house back under plastic and start some seeds.
    100 taps
    Percheron draft horses
    Back out side and to small of
    an evaporator!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234