+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Belchertown 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MapLewis View Post
    one word: buds

my last 3 gallons tastes just slightly "off" w/ a butterscotch smell. My sign to stop.

Good luck to all who are keeping the faith.
    I SEE THE BOYS DOWN THE ROAD ARE OUT HANGING BUCKETS, HE DOES ALOT OF SYRUP, HM WONDER WHY NOW, MINE ARE STILL UP JIM

Default started again in belchertown

went ot today to pull my buckets there were all full and not of water the trees where running beter than they have been, maybe the cold nites we had then the cold days it was warmer last nite and agin today with rain, i pulled in about 60 gallons of sap, still clear, so tommorow ill boil it up and see what i get out of it, went out about 9 to check a couple buckets by the house they are half full again, wierd, im glad i didnt give up yet, but us marines never give up or never give in jim

Default reaming holes

gathered over 4000gals. of sap, since we rebored 2500 holes,last week.sap was fairly clear,but only 1.2 sugar.i think reaming the holes was worth the effort. today(tuesday) will be our last boil
    Paul & Serena
    Sugaring for 45+ years.
    4000+ taps on vacuum
    5 hp Sihi
    4 X 12 Force 5
    Lapierre 600 GPH RO

boiled today agin made 2 more gallons nice clean stuff, it may be the last time chased the suryp out with water and flooded the evaporator, im sure thats it for me, but one never knows. have 5 trees that just keep filling the buckets, all sugars, just running out of them.

Default Ghost Of The Sugar House

well i boiled again last nite 4 hrs went well i was just flooding my pan with water andkicked the bucket of almost made stuff over , wasnt anything left, so the ghost of the sugar house was licking his lips, im done been fun, thank everyone for all there tips and tricks jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910