+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Association is Alive!

Tanta K Guest

Default Spread the Sweetness

Seems like I hear from many who say they appreciate the willingness of othes to teach them the craft. Let's keep spreading the sweetness in CT and show others the way we should be treating each other in all areas of life, with a little patience, just like we wait for that first boil to reach 219F!

well put! i have to say i have met some of the nicest people of all ages thru sugaring, and amazing how many other totaly unrelated to sugaring hobbies many of us have in common
    11x29 sugarhouse
    2x8 airtight arch homemade with waterloo flue pan, welded syrup pan and parallel flow preheater hood
    250gph cdl ro
    1100+ taps for 2014, approx 1000 of them vac
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crowh...5582993?ref=hl

Sweeten the pan down here in Stamford yesterday. Member of MSPAC for many years yet have never been able to attend the meetings. Hopefully one of these days i'll make it.

Please stop by if you're in the area.
    Former Life: 300+ taps (125 gravity, 200 buckets), 96 gallons of syrup in 2015
    24x16 public sugarhouse
    2x6 wood fire evaporator (back pan Waterloo Small & Leader 2x2 front pan)
    Current Life: Backyarder with Mason 2x3XL. New sugar house coming soon…

Tanta K Guest

Default Visit

Would love to visit sometime soon. Might have to be after sugaring though..or if we finish before you. Each year...more and more call to request programs. Haven't advertised in the paper yet and we're already getting requests for our public day!

Default I joined this year!

First year as a member, still a private sugarhouse, but have thoughts of going public as we get the tap count up and secondary processes perfected!
    12'x16' Sugar Shack
    185 Taps w/ Buckets
    WFMason Finisher/Bottler
    Palm Abbe eMaple Refractometer
    Small Bros 2'x6' Lightning Raised Flue Evaporator
    Honda Rincon 650
    Wife, 3 kids, and Trish the sap dumper

Tanta K Guest

Default Congrats

Membership in MSPAC has been one of the most fun "clubs" I've ever been to and though the season is short the friendships are for a lifetime! Any and all are ready to help you in your quest to increase your operation and keep it all fun. Just ask the folk who have been doing it for years and they'll give you a helping hand.

Default Thanks!

I did not get much syrup this year, but had a few fun weekends in the sugarhouse. I have plans set for 2011. Do you know of anyone who leases trees in CT? I am ready for expansion, but am limited by access to only about 200 taps right now.
    12'x16' Sugar Shack
    185 Taps w/ Buckets
    WFMason Finisher/Bottler
    Palm Abbe eMaple Refractometer
    Small Bros 2'x6' Lightning Raised Flue Evaporator
    Honda Rincon 650
    Wife, 3 kids, and Trish the sap dumper

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFarms View Post
    I did not get much syrup this year, but had a few fun weekends in the sugarhouse. I have plans set for 2011. Do you know of anyone who leases trees in CT? I am ready for expansion, but am limited by access to only about 200 taps right now.
    I have about 10 locations that I pick up sap from. Most of those came about from word of mouth or just asking someone. When I see a good group of maples, I'll stop and ask someone about them and most of the time they don't have a problem with me tapping. I've even had people walk up to me and offer their trees when they see me pumping.

I've also heard that the state will let you tap in state forests and that some producers already do. I've got my eye on a section of forest but I'm not ready to bring those in yet. If you have a state forest near Suffield or Granby, I would contact the Forester there and see about tapping those.

I'm always up for expansion so if you find someone in my direction that is too far for you, let me know!

Dave
    About 300 taps
    2'x6' air tight arch
    Semi complete 12'x24' sugarhouse in Somers, CT
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CapturedNature
    My eBook: Making Maple Syrup in your Backyard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12