+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves....

Welcome aboard Pete......If ya need any help with finding things let me know......Mike

Pete,
    Welcome! I Know you will like this site these folks do a nice job of making you feel welcome. Your sugaring operations sounds about like ours we made syrup a long time with others and finally 5 years ago built a sugarhouse and have about the same amount of taps you are planning on too.
    Just cut a pick up load of pallets tonight. about enough to make 2-3 gallons of syrup. Also working on the sap feed tubes for the 3x10.
    Good luck with the sugarcamp.

Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

Welcome to all the new people on board. Be very careful of this site because just like sugaring it to can be addictive.
    Looking forward to our Maple Festival this weekend and all the dealer open houses also.
    Pete were are you located in Bakersfield? I live in Fairfield on Pumpkin Village Rd.
    Take care
    Al
    Algiers 24x66 evaporator
    180 taps (all buckets)
    New Holland 1720 Tractor
    Pumpkin Village Settlement
    and a big smile!
    A wife and 2 boys who make it all fun.

Al,
    We were also looking forward to the maple festival this weekend. Have had plans and rooms reserved for months but my son is home from school today with a temp of 102.7. We were going to leave Thursday to meet family from Connecticut for a weedend in St. Albans. Looks like we'll have to wait till next year.
    Jim
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

Pete33Vt Guest

Al, I live on East Bakersfield Rd. Not to far from you. I just started working for Dan Bushey,(Bushey Paving) his shop should be right around the corner from you.

Yep, right around the corner.
    Take care
    Al
    Algiers 24x66 evaporator
    180 taps (all buckets)
    New Holland 1720 Tractor
    Pumpkin Village Settlement
    and a big smile!
    A wife and 2 boys who make it all fun.

JimW Guest

Default Hello just joined

Hello I've been reading the board a bit for the past couple months and just joined.

I am a high school science teacher and also teach a class in Natural Resource & Outdoor Studies. I live in Eastern Ontario. I got interested in maple syrup last year when we tapped a few maples in my Outdoor Studies class, this year we tapped 18 trees and produced about 4 gallons of syrup in my class using one of those turkey deepfryer kits to boil the sap. I am now "hooked" and we have just ordered a small 24" by 36" evaporator and plan to increase to 40 or 50 taps next year. The students in my class think it is great to make the syrup in class. Our goal is to produce 10 to 12 gallons next year to use for personal use, gifts and to sell to raise a bit of money for our class.

Besides my new maple hobby, I am busy with my 18 month and 3 year old daughters. In my limited free time I fish and hunt, and I am researching getting into hobby beekeeping next year.

Great site!!! I hope to learn a lot and try and contribute where I can.

JimW

JimW-

Welcome to the site. This is the place to learn about Maple. If you can't find the answer to a question you have by reading the forums, just ask. You will get many responses fast.

Your students are very lucky to have a teacher to teach them about maple production.

Russ
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Banjo Guest

Default Welcome from near by

Jim,
    welcome for sure, from not too far away just outside Merrickville. Used to be in Athens several times a year when my son was playing hockey.

I'm at about the same scale and boiling technology as you, and am contemplating how to grow for next year too. I've found this place **VERY** helpful and informative. It is also quite *addictive* , perhaps just like making maple syrup .

Your students are lucky, I'm sure they're getting an experience for a lifetime.

cheers, Andrew

Jim,
    Welcome also from NWPA.
    Sounds like you and the students are hooked on maple. Great! We are new to the site (several months) and have gained a lot of knowledge and support.
    Worked the bees and caned honey this weekend, it is also a hobby that is easy to enjoy. Picked up two new colonies on Saturday.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203060110 ... LastLast