+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microsoft Bing Aerial Images

Default Microsoft Bing Aerial Images

Have you seen the Microsoft Bing Aerial Images? They are taken from a small plane closer to the ground, probably a few hundred feet. They're much nicer than the "satellite" photos (which really are aeiral photos from a high altitude, as far as I know). You can even get views facing different directions. I've attached a picture of a portion of our sugar bush. You can easily pick out individual trees and clearly see the 5-gallon buckets I use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool, thanks for sharing about Bing. The exact same image is used of our sugar bush on Google Maps, but the Bing images are a bit sharper and brighter. You can zoom in a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerone View Post
    Have you seen the Microsoft Bing Aerial Images? They are taken from a small plane closer to the ground, probably a few hundred feet. They're much nicer than the "satellite" photos (which really are aeiral photos from a high altitude, as far as I know). You can even get views facing different directions. I've attached a picture of a portion of our sugar bush. You can easily pick out individual trees and clearly see the 5-gallon buckets I use.
    Yeas they typically use a company called Pictometry. They specialize in oblique aerial photography. Not every area has it, but it is gaining popularity with local government as they can see more around homes and other structures for tax purposes. It is also getting to be popular among law enforcement as you can imagine.
    Its not a cheap endeavor let me tell you!

+ Reply to Thread