+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: web sites

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~rwehr/...oonrunhome.htm
    http://www.personal.kent.edu/~rwehr/...sign/index.htm

here are a couple links to web sites that I have designed for my hobby. they are both currently hosted by the kent State University Server and probably will only be on there a short time. The first one I did all in Html code as a group project with 2 other students the other is done with dream weaver. Let me know what you think of them.
    Someday I do want to get them hosted by Godaddy or someone simmular.
    Ron
    600 taps
    3'x8' Dellair evaporator

Quote Originally Posted by Clan Delaney View Post
    If I may suggest another web-presence option: the blog.

My "website" (occasionalcreekmaple.wordpress.com) is a blog hosted at Wordpress.com. You can set up a Wordpress account for free, and even their basic services, which is all I'm using right now, offer quite a bit of options:
    • Image hosting - I believe 4 gigs of space for uploading photos. My wife has been using this for 4 years and is nowhere close to using up the space they offer for free.
    • Traffic tools - Wordpress keeps track of all your incoming traffic. For example, I know that this season, 87 people found my site through the Mass Maple online directory listing. 30 more found it through the Facebook Fan Page.
    • Domain Name - If you own a domain name, you can have it point to your WP blog for just $15 a year.
    • Customizable Themes - 85 Themes to choose from, with all kinds of layouts and options. Many themes allow for multiple pages, just like a website.

I don't work for Wordpress, I'm just a big fan of it's services. I've done the "website" thing. I've found it to be extremely cumbersome to update a website, especially compared to the ease that a service like Wordpress provides. Layout, style, fonts - it's all done. You just add the content.

I should say that the main purpose of my web presence isn't to sell syrup directly to buyers, though I'm gearing up to add that ability. It's more of a tool to keep in touch with those who are, or may be interested in what we do here. I also like the blog interface that allows readers to comment on posts, ask questions, give feedback, praise, whatever. And for now, it's all free, outside of what I already pay for internet access.
    YEah I do like wordpress to blog my sugaring/homesteading ventures. www.dailyhike.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234