+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pan Size/Evap Size?

Default Pan Size/Evap Size?

I had a few minutes to ponder what might be for next year and what I was going to upgrade to.
    I was looking at going to a 2x6 raised flue. My thinking right now is to get a set of pans made and then build the arch my self, but the question I have is when they say pans for a 2x6 are they talking outside measurements of the pans or are they measuring something else. I know I should call the manufacturer of the pans but I thought I would ask here for now.

I am just curious because in my free time, yeah I know what free time, I was going to work on the designing of the arch.

Thanks
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Haynes Forest Products Guest

The outside of the pans. Not the lip or pan opening because like mine the opening is smaller. A 18x36 is 18x36. I would build the pans first only because its alot eaiser to make the arch fit something that might change due to 1 wrong bend or cut The arch might be wider than the pans because you need mass for strength under heat but you only need 1/2" for the pans to sit on they dont need alot of surface to sit on.

+ Reply to Thread