+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263637383940414243444546

Thread: Bigsap Warning 2010

Default kick it in the rear!!!

Terrion, the previous owner of my 5x14 thunderbolt was making 55 gal per hour with 10%.. alls that has is a pre heater, you should be able to add 5 or more on that... Let me know if you do not have enough sap, I will sell yuo tanker fulls at a premium...

Maplemaker- We'll have to wait and see I guess. Im going to fire it up pretty soon with water and see what happens. Ill probly have to buy some sap off you. Trucking is going to be bad. Im not tapping in January this year. Im just going to keep on hooking trees up till we hit february and whatever we have is what we have. Cant wait. Thee(fixin leaks and stringin tube)roon

Cheapest way to get the sap there may be the railroad..... may take a few days. Better use a refridgerated tanker. You may decide to boil every other day. I boiled every 36 hours. The kicker is it takes 1 hour to get started, and 1-1.5 hours for cleanup and that is regardless of how much syrup you make.
    Another thing you may not have considered is how you are going to filter all of this high quality sticky treat.
    Thad

Smile

Bigsap update from Pierce and Sons down here in Tropical Pa. Still working in the woods most every day. Getting some good progress done on my lines. Im thinking should be easily ready by February. I think the new taps Im putting in should be ready too other than it might not be all wet dried for this season but we'll do the best we can as time allows. Once it gets dark evenings Ive been working on the sugarhouse and I think that is coming along pretty well too. Come up with a couple good improvements as of late that should help us during season. Found a deal on a trailer for my truck so I should be able to haul my sap about 3 times as fast this year which will cut down on the collecting time a lot. Also looks like Ive found a second high pressure vessel for my newer cdl machine. That will give me two two post R.O's to work with or roughly 1800 gallons of R.O'ing capacity the way it looks to me. That is going to be really nice becouse Ill be able to darn near match my new evaperator and wont have to wait forever for my sap to be ready and also be able to start R.O'ing a bit later in the day when pipes are less apt to be froze up. Trying to make a lot of improvements to make the season go easier and give me a lot more time to work in the woods getting me more sap. Sounds like everyone else is getting lots of prep work done too which is good becouse season will be here before we know it. Thad- I have a double bank seven inch filter press I got last year to filter with and that should work good for me. Usually I filter and run the R.O's and everything else while my dad draws syrup off and it works real good for us. You get fast at changing the papers too so its not to bad. Have a happy, Theron

Smile

BIGSAP!!!! BIGSAP!!!! THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BIGSAP SYSTEM!! THIS IS ONLY A TEST. HAD IT BEEN THE REAL THING INFORMATION WOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED PERTAINING TO WEATHER CONDITIONS ON A REGIONAL BASIS AND PROJECTED SAP FLOWS IN YOUR LOCAL AREA. STAY TUNED FOR ANY NEW INFORMATION AS SOON AS IT IS RECIEVED INTO THE BIGSAP HEADQUARTERS. ITS HALFWAY THOUGH OCTOBER 2010. THERE COULD BE BIGSAP COMING WITHIN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS. HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DONT MISS ANY SAP. 2011 IS THE MOTHER YEAR. Theron

THERE COULD BE BIGSAP COMING WITHIN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS. HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DONT MISS ANY SAP. 2011 IS THE MOTHER YEAR. Theron[/QUOTE]

BIGSAP Czar isn't it time to start a "2011 BIGSAP WARNING" thread?
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263637383940414243444546