+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 203031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Bigsap Warning 2010

Marty- Appreciate the compliment but Im the norm, all sugarmakers are hard workers. How did you guys make out with the new evap? Theron

Smile

BIGSAP!!!! BIGSAP!!!!!! Its getting close to season, better get to work. Busy here at Pierce and Sons. Been taking some time off recuping from season. Just finished pulling taps yesterday. Jugging some syrup now. Got some more odds and ends to do then should be cought up. Looks like the next job I have to do is completely renovate the inside of my sugarshack. Sold my evap to some serious up and coming sugarmakers and looks like Im going to have a new one for next year. New to me anyway. Went with the next size bigger and got a 6 by 16. Hoping for shorter boils. Only thing is shack is kind of small but we'll grease it up and get it in there. Then Ive got to get to work tweeking my lines. Gotta get things tighter. My lines are basically an embarrassment to sugar makers everywhere and I need to get them better. Hope everyone is having fun. Want to have a big season next year. Got to try to get my act together and get some big work done. Theron

6x16 or are you late with April fools joke or had too much to drink?? Sounds like you are trying to catch up with the Pattersons!!! LOL!
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Smile

Brandon- Im really serious. No April fools joke and I havent had a drop today. I havent got it home or anything but its a thunderbolt oil fired with a piggy back. It looks like a fairly serious rig. If it dont beat my 3 by 10 Im going to be bummed. I told you guys I hate staying up late. Theron

6X16 oil fired with piggy back????...No holds barred...I'll be able to see the steam from here. Better notify FAA, that might ground more planes then that little volcano.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

you will only boil for a couple hours each day.be waiting on the r/o,s
    10,000 taps and adding on vac.4 liquid ring pumps, lapierre 5x14 thunderbolt, 1800 R/O

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/mapletime/

Theron,

I figured you were serious, but had to poke ya a little. 6x16 with a piggyback, what is that going to do, about 600 gph?? I am thinking what everyone else is that you are shooting for 10k taps next year now! LOL!
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Smile

Brandon- Garth Atherton said 650 gph I think. Nothing ever does the rating though and I talked to the guy that had it and it didnt sound like it was doing that much. Im going to get it home and clean it up real good and have it kind of dialed in by a professional and whatever it does itll be plenty for me. NO NEW TAPS THIS SEASON!! Next year depending on money Im going to try to put in at least 3000 more. I really dont have the money this year so Im just going to try to make mine totally perfect and see how good I can do. Thats right up my ally anyway. Theron

Come on Theron "No New Taps"!! Yeah Right!! Wheres the "You got to Want it!"

I think we all heard that the past few years.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Dennis- I just cant buddy, Ive got to revamp that whole shed and fix up all my lines. A lot of my stuff was put in on the fast and I really need to get it better. Plus I dont want to wake up and find my kids all grown up either. Ill keep plugging at it. Next year after season itll be the right time and Ill put a big bush in and I will be able to afford it. Your going to have fun too with your new rig. Now your going to have a real evaperator. Ill have to come down and check things out. Theron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 203031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast