+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1828293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Bigsap Warning 2010

You defintely got me this year Theron - we finished up just over 1000 USG, which is not bad considering we started pulling taps less than 4 weeks after they went in! Next year we start tapping in February.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

Where you Theron? Big freeze in central NY tonight.. I still have 1000 taps in. The RO has been put to bed but the rest of the operation is still ready to go. 35 more gallons would put me a 700.
    Brian Ryther
    Mill Hollow Maple
    10,000 taps
    3 Liquid Ring Vac Pumps
    5x14 Leader Vortex Evap
    Lapierre 2000 RO
    http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x3/brianryther/

Based on the barrage of tanks and pumps Theron has for sale in the classifieds, he has probably got his eye on another 5000 tap bush for next year and needs money to string more tube. Probably backing in another milk tanker as we speak.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Smile

Guys- I have enough tube to put another bush in and Im not going to do it. I might even have less taps than last year becouse Im going to take more cull trees out. Now Im going for averages. This year Im working on my existing lines all year. Going to make BIG SYRUP NEXT YEAR BABY!! No leaks, short lats, big vac and BIG SYRUP. Anybody want to compete for averages next year you better have your bigboy pants on becouse your going down and your probly going to go down hard. I dont even care about the weather anymore. I think I like making syurp in the summertime better anyway. Theee(all done fooling around, gonna get serious now)roooon

Bring it on little buddy, bring it on
    I already have a new game plan up my sleeve for next year

Jee(old school sugarmaker from the past) rrrrryy
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

Smile

Jerry- Im really sorry Im going to have to this to you but your going to have to go down. I know your smart, experianced and you have the power of the bucket on your side but its still going to have to happen. Wheeler is running 20000 taps on the same exact pump I struggled to run my 4600 on and probly will hit a half gallon with the same condiions I had. That means I just lost 30,000$. Thats not going to happen twice. Theee(Wheeler would be better off with an extra pair of nine inch lineman pliars in his back pocket than have me around helping out)rooon.

Theee(i'm going to buy at the house of tang)rrrooonnnn,
    you need to quite fooling around with that little evap that takes all fo dads time, and get a big boy using oil in there... pput all that extra time boiling into tubing work, and all the wood cutting time into adding tubing work!

I know, your right. Im just sick of spending so much money. My wife is threatening to cut my gueebles off. Theeron

All you need is more RO and convert yours to oil. As I have told you RO is the key. I know a sugarmaker with 7000 taps and a 3x8 and another with 8700 taps and a 3X12. The 3X12 guy made over 200 gallons some nights this year.

And I have some top secret stuff next year that will bury your little tubing setup

Jeeee(the mad scientist from the mountains) rrrrrrrry
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

I think a sort of but not yet Quebecois has to get in this also. I just have to figure out how to find trees that give sap every day.
    maybe 50 taps for 2011
    Finally ready to boil when I get enough sap
    I just might be crazy.( make that I know I am)
    Trees all tapped except the ones with 5 feet of snow.
    Enough rabbits to keep Elmer busy..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1828293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast