+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 172728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Bigsap Warning 2010

I actually use ph test strips and not the meter.
    If your membrane is that bad that you have to use a acid wash than yes you should wait 24 hours.
    Personally I have never used a acid wash on the membranes that I used.
    It is getting more popular to use a small evaporator with a large RO.
    You usually lose up to 20 percent or so total volume as it gets real sweet. less water to be taken out.
    I always just use the soap that Lapierre sells.
    We are usually running 400-450 when it is at 24 %
    This is what I do, it certainly doesn't mean that everyone does this.
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

Smile

BIGSAP OVER AT PIERCE AND SONS!!!! 80 degrees took me down. Im a looser. Couldnt go the distance with you guys, must not be made of the right stuff. So happy to turn the vac off last night had to go out and celebrate. I think my pump must have celebrated to probly. Had to work steady since January it was probly sick of it too. Looks like we made a little under 1400 gallons. Got a couple partial barrells so its hard to tell exactly but theyre pretty full might be 1400. Hope everyone had fun. Actually looking foreward to straightening things up. Gonna finetune my lines this year that I have and hopefully we can do an even better job next year. My dads a heck of a man for a geeser, he boiled darn near all of it. Bet he lost ten pounds. Good for him, builds character. Tarrian

Well, I tried my best but that PA perseverance paid off. I only got 1368. Total Taps 3735 on vacvrooom and 1565 on buckets. 5300 total. Tad over a quart per tap. Buckets were real losers this year...only about a pint per tap, up toward a third of a gallon on vacuum. If Ma Nature pulls a fast one, I'm back in it next week. Theron, you're a better man than me.
    Doug

had to stop could not make syrup any more wanted to make jelly instead
    10,000 taps and adding on vac.4 liquid ring pumps, lapierre 5x14 thunderbolt, 1800 R/O

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/mapletime/

Theron, I redid my numbers and my math has failed me, I am not quite there yet. I am just under a quart per tap. I am headed out to squeeze every drop I can out of those trees, I need another pint of syrup to get there which comes down to about another 6 to 8 gallons of sap. I am going to put my air conditioner on high tonight by the 2 best trees so I won't be embarrassed.
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

– Thomas Edison

Well done guys. Time for a well deserved break. Then back to the woods to get ready for next year.
    Brian Ryther
    Mill Hollow Maple
    10,000 taps
    3 Liquid Ring Vac Pumps
    5x14 Leader Vortex Evap
    Lapierre 2000 RO
    http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x3/brianryther/

Default Salute to Therons Dad

I have to put one in here for Therons dad. He stood there and boiled every gallon the obsessed and more then a bit crazy Theron brought to the sugar house. Who among us would like to take his place next spring? I have never met him but I like him.

vtsnowedin

I second that. Lucky to have a dad like that!!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2200 GPH Lapierre Turbo RO
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

www.waysidemaplefarms.com
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/waysidemaple/

I have met him and he is a special guy, I am just trying to figure where he went wrong with Theron.

– Thomas Edison

Smile

Doug- I might not even have you beat. I have 24 full 55s and then two with maybe a little over half. So 25 full ones for sure plus some. I think thats 1375. We made the same syrup only thing is you made yours with a lot less vac taps. You kind of beat me really. I dont know how you do that much with that 600 g R.O. and those bushes spread out. I bet nobody wants to come out to your place and try to outwork you. Brian- You did a heck of a job too. Weve got to keep in mind this was a dang tough season. I dont think that half gallon thing works under the conditions we had this year. Jeff- That settling tank was probly the biggest help we had all season. My dad and I cant thank you enough. Jerry- You might pull the best averages of anyone this season. Theron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 172728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast