+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 123456789101121 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigsap Warning 2010

Smile Bigsap Warning 2010

This is a test of the emergency BIGSAP system. This is only a test. If this had been a real event there would be information immediately following pertaining to regional temperatures, projected saprun duration, and other pertainant information regarding the BIGSAP event. We are getting ever closer to sugaring season and just as we need to prepare for other emergencies we also need to prepare for the possability of an early winter saprun. Make sure all holding tanks are clean! Really stinks trying to wash tanks in the winter, Make sure all vac pumps are ready to rock and roll, String every piece of sapline that you can afford without waking up divorced, get all your adapters bought. Drag in all the wood you can beg, borrow or steal. This years going to be the big one. I can feel it. Theron

The BIGSAP emergency alert system still works here. The tanks are clean, the woodshed is almost full and the vacuum pump got a test fire last Sunday. Rolls of tubing and new taps and fittings are in stock and ready for installation in November. Holy crap November is almost here!
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Nice job Russ! Last year I tried to clean my tanks in January. Real pain. This year I told myself Im going to be ready ahead of time. How many new taps Russ? Theron

I,m going to reroute some lats and mains in my old section and replace all of the drops. After that I want to add up to 300 more new taps. It's a money and time thing. If I can afford the supplies it will happen. I will find the time even if I have to do it during the season.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

went thru all woods yeterday. all tubing up and tight. new evap on truck headed this way as i write this.
    10,000 taps and adding on vac.4 liquid ring pumps, lapierre 5x14 thunderbolt, 1800 R/O

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/mapletime/

michelle32 Guest

Got the new ( to us ) vacuum pump up and running. Seems to have about 17 hgs at the pump. Changing regulater to see if we can get up to high vac. Is there a way to check if the releaser works. Cleaning out the under grouth in theold and new woods. Tanks are clean. Mapping out path for new sap lines. Russ if you need a hand let me know. I now if you have time I could us yours if you get a minute or hour or two. Would like your thoughts on how to pipe this out. I don't beleive sap ladder is going to work.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by PATheron View Post
    Nice job Russ! Last year I tried to clean my tanks in January. Real pain. This year I told myself Im going to be ready ahead of time. How many new taps Russ? Theron
    Theron - That's what kids are for! My 8-year old daughter will be washing tanks next spring. She can get into places that I'd need a sawzall to get out of! There's still lots of time left but many miles to go until I sleep, many miles...
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

michelle32 Guest

Thereon with record braking big sap coming this year should. We all be investing in tankers like yours or do you think we can get away with smaller ones. jk
    Keith

Theron,

Sounds like you need to give those good helpers a barrel of syrup next year for all their hard work and then watch the smiles on their face when they get a check for it.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Yeah the BIG SAP WARNING is working down here.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 123456789101121 ... LastLast