+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: September journal

Randy, your killing me over here is WI.
    "another 200 acres with monster trees"!!!!

Theron, did you figure out anything easier than draining pump lines each night to keep them open for the morning runs?
    Jeff Emerson
    www.emersonsmaplehill.com
    3x12 Leader with over air, custom piggyback, 600gph CDL RO
    2500 on 25" vacuum
    350 4 wheeler, 500 snowmobile, and 1950's Ford 600 tractor, Husqvarna! (261, 372xpBigBore, 562xp), Stihl MS193 for in tree work

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Y View Post
    Parker,
    I am getting a 4x14 force 5. That is some thing you sould think about buying.
    Then you would not have to cut so much wood.

Theron I was just wandering cause I didnt get any invitation.
    Dave - I'm in the same boat as you are. My old evaporator was a 5x16 so our 3.5x14 Force 5 will mean I actually have more space in the sugar camp. Unfortunately, the old crossers in the sugar camp are lower than 8' and the top of the steam hood for the Force 5 is 8' high so not only will it not fit I'd never be able to raise the hood if I did get it in! The new rafters are going in next week so the old crossers can be removed before the Force 5 shows up around Sept 15.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

Default parties & vacation

Hey guys, I haven't been partying or vacationing all summer, I have been building a new coal bin so (she who must be obeyed) can buy coal for in it.
    Athough after seeing the Sept Journal I did get revved up enough to haul
    some more fill in to where I'm building a new sugar shack next spring after
    syrup season. I don't have much wood cut, and I need to finish my evaporator: but I do have my bow pretty well shot in ready to go.
    115 red maples on vacuum
    100 taps on 5/16 gravity
    35 taps on 3/16 gravity
    50 taps on shurflo vacuum
    about 60 buckets on giant roadside sugars
    neighbor bringing from 45 taps
    30'x 8' Aof/Auf Evaporator
    Homemade 125gph Ro
    Lots of Homemade Equipment!

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Sugarshack/

Smile

Dave- Ill send you an invite next year if you want. We always seem to have a lot of get togethers. Your probly better off without it though. Jeff- My problem was with the pump line up from the tanker trailer and the lower sugar bush last year. I just couldnt seem to get it to drain perfectly. What I had to do is just wait and pump the sap once everything was thawed out and make sure it was pumping before stuff started freezing. One other thing I learned was to go over the road instead of through a sluice with the pump line. I do run sap through the sluece pipe to the releaser and it works real good with a second dry line with it but the pump line didnt seem to work so good. This year Ill have it automatically pump up to the sugarhouse once things thaw out with a sump pump. I also graded the line this year so it pitches all the way back to the pump so I THINK it will work pretty good. Always need to be thinkin. Theron

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Y View Post
    Parker,
    I am getting a 4x14 force 5. That is some thing you sould think about buying.
    Then you would not have to cut so much wood.

Theron I was just wandering cause I didnt get any invitation.
    Dave Y,How many gallons per hr is the 4x14 force 5 suppose to do?

I watched a video on the force 5 and they were saying about 3 gallons a minute but they never said if it was a 3x12 or the 4x14. I think parker might have to set the releaser right on top of the flue pan. What an impressive evaporator. Claims are you only have to fire it every 45 to 60 minutes. Seems to me it might make some people rethink the oil fired ones when they buy new. I want one in a 3x8 but I don't think they make them smaller than a 3x12. Hopefully by 2011 they will offer one and be a little easier on the price.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

The 4x14 ,I have been told should do 250-300 gph. mine comes with a preheater. 3rdgen, if you want a Force 5 you will have to buy at least a 3x12
    as the principals that make it so efficient does not work in the smaller rigs. It is also my understanding that they are not made in a drop flue. But, I may be wrong. I do Know the are selling much better than Lapierre anticipated. They have around 85 ordered for this year already.

To my knowledge, Lapierre doesn't make a drop flue rig. All of the Small Bros machines were raised flue. Lapierre bought the company and just improved the products they had. I think you guys that bought the Force 5 rigs are going to really enjoy them. That would be the rig I would buy, if, I bumped my head and went away from OIL!!!!
    2 1/2 x8 Lapierre Waterloo-Small (oil fired)
    Leader Steamaway
    1200 gph Lapierre RO
    1800 taps
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ks/Sugarhouse/

Mike Christian
    505 Main St. Orwell, Vt.

250-300 per hour with a 4x14?,,,and fire it every 45 min???? WOW,,on a REAL GOOD BOIL (which does not happen that often),,,MARVIN will click off 300 an hour,,,,firing every 5 min.,,,that is quite a diffrance!!!!
    Hopeing to get the hood yard crane by the sugarhouse today and start working up the pile,,,,crane batteries are on the charger and I have a full can of EITHER!!!
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.
    Charter member Andover/Salisbury Mapleholics
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4...s009bx4.th.jpg

Enis,
    I had to raise the roof on my building. It is all framed up and most of the sheeting is on. However some one turned me in to the township and they stopped consruction until I get a permit. I have to submmit plans and the works and I am not increasing my building size. Man I love buearacry!
    Hopefully things will get ironed out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast