+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bender Milk Releaser

Default Bender releaser

I have a bender releaser that I bought from Maplecrest. I was able to buy all new gaskets for it from a place in Vernon NY near the Maple conference. It used to have brass check valves with it. They do not seal up good enough and I would get bubbles coming up under the float which affected the float operation. It also caused foaming in the releaser. I replaced them with the clear pvc ones that seal better and it works much better. Also, the plastic ones don't freeze up as fast. I had originally put the discharge check valve down in the tank. It would freeze up at night but would not thaw quick enough in the day.I drilled a hole in the reservoir area after the check flap to allow it to drain and it cured the problem. I also recommend having the check away from the releaser as it adds more reservoir and helps increase the cylce time of the dumping so it does not have to work so fast(more constant vacuum on the trees).
    JACK
    2.5 x 8 stainless raised flue with preheater.
    60 buckets,365 vacuum
    600 D&G RO
    Lots of tractors--not much time...

Masseyjack, your right...the brass check valves do not seal as well as the inline plastic "ball bearing" check valves. Dennis H needs to blue print his conversion. He has it right.

ps: Dennis H. Got the pvc all glued up to the bender mechanism. Gonna try it out on water this weekend. Wish it were clear pvc but too expensive$. Will post pics once satisfied.
    Bob- 4 x 12 Small Bros. Lightning w/raised flues-open pans
    20 x 40 sugarhouse, all tubing-main line to sugarhouse
    1400+- for 2011 & 100% vacuum
    Polaris 500 HO w/Tatou 4s Tracks
    1 Chocolate Lab from TEXAS

Default bender milk releaser

That arraingement would work well for a small guy like me. Anybody got any of those benders? or access to some particularly in NH or maybe shipping is an option. send me a message.
    City slicker maple/maple arraingement: SELLING EVERYTHING

Default Here it is Marc

Here is the post on the Bender setup that I made Marc.

I made sure that the 4" PVC resoviour is mounted at least at the full level of the Bender. Other wise the Bender never dumps until the res' is filled also then will dump like 4 or 5 times in a row.
    You can see in the pics below how high it is mounted compared to the Bender.

Oh one more thing. I was have a problem with my homemade dump valve. The rubber seal would get sucked in and cause a really bad vac leak. I just couldn't find an answer to that problem so I took another clear flapper valve that I had and I cut everything off the one end up to the flapper and attached that to the elbow worked great. I tried making one my self and found I couldn't make it work as good as something that I could buy so I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Dennis H.; 04-28-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Dennis, I would be more than happy to ship Marc a Bender. The small unit should be just right for his amount of taps. I will include the original Bender check valves as well. Maple Sapper...pm me for details. Will make it worth your while.

Guy's,

The place in Vernon, NY is Eastern Crown, Inc. distributors of dairy supplies. Phone 315-829-3505

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

anybody know where to get their hands on the plastic fitting on top of the benders were your vac line hooks in. Picked up 2 of the bender releasers and that fitting was broke on both. I have checked with local dairy suppliers with no luck. any help would be appreciated.

tstew, I would suggest getting a bolt with the proper threads and drill down the middle with a drill press...maybe a socket head cap screw or threaded rod. The fit doesn't have to have extreme pressure between the jar and bracket, they are hand tight only.

Check out Hamby Dairy Supplies. I got 2 of them last year for the 2 benders that I got.

Bender Top Fitting
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

just order them, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast