+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delaval 74

Default Delaval 74

Looking for info on a Delaval 74, anyone using one, if so what level hg can you get? This year ran a Gast 2067 oilless with 300 taps at 22" hg.
    Thanks for any info.
    Rich
    Rich
    Grimm 2X6 raised flue/preheater/SS hood
    300 taps on vac/Gast vac pump/Bernard mechanical releaser.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I have until I fried it due to operator error What type of info are you looking for. Why the change from the Gast if your getting 22HGs?

I have until I fried it due to operator error Im pulling 24 when everything is working good in the woods I do have flood oil so it does run cooler and I dont use a regulator so it at full vac and HGs.What type of info are you looking for. Why the change from the Gast if your getting 22HGs?

Default Delaval 74

A friend of mine was given the 74 and we're looking for information for him, recommended rpm's, vac and cfm numbers. I'll stay with the Gast, its a great pump and oilless.
    Rich
    Grimm 2X6 raised flue/preheater/SS hood
    300 taps on vac/Gast vac pump/Bernard mechanical releaser.

delaval rpms on these pumps should be around 1500-1600 which means a slightly larger pulley on pump and smaller on motor, cfm will depend on motor size probably around 50-60cfm @ 15 in with 5hp motor with good oil flow, short exhaust and open air flow around unit should be around 20" continous but cfm will drop some

Dang that sounds high on the RPMs My Delaval had 540 RPM recommendation. Dont remember what unit was.

+ Reply to Thread