+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Mainlines via Delorme PN-20

PN-20 on sale now at cabelas.com $199.99.
    Thad

Its really a decent little GPS. Like I said earlier, the only downside is the one processor running everything, so its a little slow on scrolling through the map.
    But if you can get over that, you have yourself a handy tool that can really do a lot if you get used to the controls.
    143 taps on a brand new 3/16th tubing setup.
    2'x6' W.F. Mason Drop Tube Evaporator
    12"x24" W.F. Mason finisher.

Thanks guys. I will look for one of the more upscale models and see what I can come up with. I do lots of open houses and educational tours and think it would be nice if I could show a map of my sugar bush. Will keep you posted how I make out.

Dale

Default Map of my sugarbush

OK. Here's the map I made with some help from my neighbor and his GPS.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by upsmapleman View Post
    Thanks guys. I will look for one of the more upscale models and see what I can come up with. I do lots of open houses and educational tours and think it would be nice if I could show a map of my sugar bush. Will keep you posted how I make out.

Dale
    Last edited by upsmapleman; 02-01-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: more info

We have it as a google earth file, too, for viewing it from different perspectives.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Default Map of my sugar bush

I was interested in mapping my sugar bush to show customers where their syrup comes from. I enlisted the help of a neighbor and got the job done. I have 30,000 feet of main line. I split my bush into a north end and south end. All come to one location and then pumps 1500 feet to my sugar bush. It is really interesting to find out exactly how many feet of mainline you have. Thanks guys for showing what is possible. I will have a large map printed to hang in my shop. Thanks also to Merlin my neighbor who let me use his GPS and worked up the map.

Dale

Well done!
    That looks great.
    I am sure that will look great in a large print out.
    143 taps on a brand new 3/16th tubing setup.
    2'x6' W.F. Mason Drop Tube Evaporator
    12"x24" W.F. Mason finisher.

Looks real good.... o by the way this is scott.. bought the 2' by 8' from you a few weeks ago when do you think youll be putting taps in over there? I'd like to come over to an open house when you have one and see the operation. I really wish i could get the evap up and going this year but college is not going to allow that so i guess the 2' by 4' flat pan and the old cinder block arch will have to do. thanks again!
    7,000 high vac taps
    6x16 leader evap
    2200 GPH Lapierre Turbo RO
    2400 GPH Springtech RO
    To many tanks to count

www.waysidemaplefarms.com
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k578/waysidemaple/

Default open house

Scott,

Sorry to hear you will not beable to get your 2 x 8 going. We have open house MARCH 20,21,27,28 10TO 4. Feel free to call me someother time in March and come over. Plan to start tapping around the 13th. Have to run the sugar house at Hills Creek park on the 13th from 11 to 1 then take my wife out for valentines. Most likley start after that.

Dale

sterling gold Guest

If anyone is interested in having their sugar bush mapped using GIS like upsmapleman, I have access to the software. You can PM me if interested...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast