+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bad year

I just started my vaccume. Some seemed to be flowing in from the lines but I still couldn't find any drops that seemed to be getting anything coming from the trees. I am still hopefull however that I can get a couple 100 gallon today. if I don't then I won't waist much more gas this year trying to get more.
    600 taps
    3'x8' Dellair evaporator

70 degrees last week without freezes definitly didnt help
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

So far I don't think I even have 40 gallons in today. Talked to another producer near by that tapped the same day's I did and he is having a fair run today. can't figure this year out but I do think I am done at this time.
    600 taps
    3'x8' Dellair evaporator

Peteyp426 Guest

I am in columbiana county ohio, and tapped around 50 taps on march 6 and put 70 more taps out on the 9or 10 of march.So far I have collected around 1500gal of sap and the sugar content has been good mainly 2.2% only about 500 - 600 was 2% I thought that was good

We collected 700 gallons of 3.3% today.
    Maple syrup makers never die, they just evaporate.

Kubota M-5040,Kubota B-2650,Kubota XRT 900, Sugarhouse is now a guest cottage.

my buddy in kensington got 100 gal of bad sap today from 1100 taps.hes done too
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

Bad year does not even describe it. Wanna talk bad I have 100 more taps out this year than last year and volume is below what I made last year thus far. Right now I am at 1/2 pint per tap Yep that is right 1/2 pint per tap. Still got a couple weeks left here (I hope) so things better turn around quick. Sugar content is alot lower than the first few runs Went from drawing off every 45 minutes to an hour to every 2 hours. I'm having a love hate relationship with my trees.
    2X6 deluxe Phanuef
    Adding 200 more every year
    27 years left of building a Hobby into a retirement time burner.

Well I went ahead and tried reaming the holes out this afternoon. I ussually don't like doing it and am not sure if it is really worth it this year but maybe tomorrow I will get somekind of a run.
    600 taps
    3'x8' Dellair evaporator

Peteyp426 Guest

I collected yesterdayaround luch time and 120 taps produced 255gal of 2%. Today probably will be the last collection for me. Tomorrow I am goinng to collect what I can and pull the taps unless tonight gets into the low 20's but not looking like it is going to. I am allready getting trees lined up for next year looking like I will have 400 - 500 next season.

Peteyp426 Guest

Today buckets running good collected 145gal 2% Going to empty all the buckets around luch time tomorrow, and call it a year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast