+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Releaser?

We need a releaser thats 1/3 - 1/4 of the price of the big boys. that way us smaller guys don't have to put out a small forture for vaccum, also a small user friendly vaccum pump to, that lets say max 200 taps!
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

Haven't you seen the new leader catalog? They have that great new 8 cfm flood vacuum system for 1000 taps or less. Olny one problem though. The darn thing cost a that small fortune mapleman3 is talking about. $2199. That is crazy!! I know a guy that just bought a travini (?) 3 hp water cooled pump for around 1400. I think they can the cost down on this stuff for sure.

On a different note I have done the invent it thing and in the case of the releaser I think I am going to go the route of time tested small fortune. I have lost a lot of sap trying it the other way and in this case I enjoy the piece of mind knowing it is working since I can't be there to watch it. I wish you all the luck though, and who knows, we could be seeing the start of a new invention that will earn you millions 8O .
    Scott W.
    2.5x8 Grimm raised flue
    Leader inferno arch 90 gph
    Vacuum, RO, Syrofilter
    1500 taps
    UV filter
    Can am 400 HO

Your right, it has to start somewhere!
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

Fall Creek, WI Woods: Lincoln/Price Counties, WI

Well guys, remember that the guy here is Wisconsin already has one of these in production. US patent laws favor the first to use, not the first to file.

Kevin, I forgot to add the "Ts" in the drawing I posted in my album. As someone here mentioned, you don't want the sap to pool in the mainlines when the vac is off. We plan on putting a tee or wye in the mainlines where they begin to slope up; the tubes off those junctions will drain into the vat.

The woods that we plan on using this in is far from commercial power, so we run the vac motor off a gas generator. We can guesstimate the amount of gas needed for the desired duration of operation; when we start the vac, we'll seal the ends of these drain tubes with flappers or tethered balls. When the vac quits, the flappers will open or balls fall out and the mainlines will drain via gravity.

I posted a few other, older pictures of our operation in my album as well. I'll take new ones either at our test boil or definitely next spring during the season.
    Russell Berg
    Mount View Sugar Bush - Since 1989
    2004 5.5' x 18' Custom-built Stainless Evaporator w/ 7' Piggyback + Preheater
    4,000 - 5,000 taps vacuum/gravity/bags
    24' x 32' Sugar Shack

Maple Hill Sugarhouse Guest

post edited
    Last edited by Maple Hill Sugarhouse; 12-01-2008 at 07:53 AM.

post edited
    Last edited by Maple Hill Sugarhouse; 12-01-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Kevin,

For future reference, if you will go to the website and put your mouse in the address bar and right click and then click on copy, you can then go to your post and click paste and it will put the exact address in the post. Submit the post go to 2nd website, copy and then go back and edit post and copy 2nd address.

Sure will make life a lot easier!
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

post edited

Kevin.. If you want to do it right, be sure to pick up one of those left to right weight deflectors.. attach it to a gold plated kanuter valve using the right sized muffler bearing wrench!! that'll do it I'm sure!! 8)
    Belchertown MA.

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

post edited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast