+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I need a new cordless drill

I took one of my old sears 12 volts, tossed out the battery, extended the leads with alligator clips on the ends and put a motorcycle battery into a shoulder pouch, I've never counted how many taps, but I'd say several hundred easily.

jason loper Guest

we used an old dewalt 18volt a brand new Dewalt 18volt and a Riobi to tap with and the Riobi out tapped both Dewalts all day....My dad with his cheap drill really picked on us guy's with the Dewalts....my Dewalt needs replacing and I didn't here anyone talk about gas powered drills....are they just out of the question for 5/16 taps...i have never used one

I have had a construction business for several years. I have had several dewalt cordless tools and found that they just don't hold up well, especially the batteries. The clutches in the drills have also been a problem. The last drill I bought was a hitachi from lowes and have been very happy with it and would buy one again, good torque and good battery life. I was using it in the woods today.

I've had 5/16" bits break in the tree from the torque of a gas powered drill. I like the quiet of a cordless drill anyway.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I was instructed from DeWalt repair center that you should only drill when the adjustment coller is on the drill symbol and only drive screws using the clutch. Its like drivers education in the woods. Ever have the wife yelling that the bits dull what a peice of crap.....................you got it the little button by the trigger...its called the reverse button push it sweety, Honey,preshis..............Hey dont get mad I didnt meen it .................YIKES
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 02-25-2009 at 07:54 PM.

maplescott Guest

We have tried numerous drills but have always gone back to gas powered, they are noisy but we need the production speed. As far as breaking bits, The bits we buy are guaranteed not to break. I don't remember the last time a bit broke either and we are running four drills at once

What kind of drills are you using that have garauntee against breaking?
    Just an ole GILLBILLY
    24 years since that first boil

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rdmaplephotos/

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I dont think any company ever covers breaking I think a lifetime warrenty covers them if they ware out and fail. I dont think having them fall off the roof and break is coverd.

brand new makita 18v lithium ion 3.0ah batteries 220 taps 1.5ah 100 taps. that is full depth until the chuck hits the tree. sometimes plunging twice for clean out. very light to carry. Love it!!
    15,000 taps, Milk 100 cows, H2o innovation dealer

I'm talking about the bit breaking.
    Someone said their bits are garaunteed.
    Just an ole GILLBILLY
    24 years since that first boil

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rdmaplephotos/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast