+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermometers and quick ports

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Default Thermometers and quick ports

I was looking for quick ports that can be insalled in your evaporator temp. ports and use just one thermometer. I found this company

Peterson product co 1-800-926-1926

They have a product called the PETES PLUG that screws into your 1/4 or 1/2 NPT port on the side of the evap and it is a sealed opening that you can push your temp probe into and leave it there or pull it out without liquid loss. If you want to put them in the flue pan, syrup pan,preheater, bottler and finich pans and use one thermometer you can do that.
    They have a digital themometer for $75.00 and the ports are $7.00 each so you can put them all over the place. They dont make the bulk head type but you can get washers and nuts that fit pipe thread from good hardware stores and make your own fitting if you dont want to weld on your pans.

AMBER GOLD: Read this post I did before your post
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 02-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Which liners of the Petes Plug works for us? The neoprene or the other stuff?

I dont know im still fact finding on them. I have a old set of English tin pans that have a thermometer port that when you pull the stem out a little spring loaded flapper shuts over the hole and keeps the syrup in they are a bulk head type fitting.

Alaska (East Central Minnesota For Sugaring)

Default Pete's Plug

I know this is an old thread but it's one I've looked at a few times over the last couple of years. I contacted the company. It looks like a great product but not something most of us will find useful for making maple syrup, because you shouldn't leave the thermometer in place. It's made for a quick test, then removal.

+ Reply to Thread