+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121323 ... LastLast

Thread: february Journal

DanO,
    Take a deep breathe, let out, take another, let it out!!!!
    Now as Doug and Chris said .............. concentrate, prioritize!!
    How do you eat an elephant??
    One bite at a time!!!!
    The thing not to do at this point is to get burned out or discouraged.
    It's too close.
    I've done some things this past year that is going to help us with our evaporation rate and you know I can't wait to try this stuff out, but there are some things I have to do before we get there!!!!
    But, as I would tell the new guys coming into the fire department, you can't get off the truck until it stops!!!
    Easy lad, easy!!!!
    :-)

Dave
    2x5 SS home design on a home design arch w/ forced draft
    SS Evaporation Enhancement Unit
    Home design filter / canner
    Daryl Sheets filter press
    300 taps (280 on line, 20 buckets)
    120 gph Home Design RO
    2017 Chevy Silverado w/ 275 gallon tank
    8x16 sugarhouse w/ attached woodshed
    A wife, family and friends that love to help!!

steelers up 20 -7 im making drops and watching the super bowl, pathetic?
    Dan O'Shaughnessy

2007 jd5203
    Husqvarna 61, (2)Husqvarna 272XP, 23 and finally getting back into it after 2 long years away

DanO

Dano,
    Did you call on the evaporator I pm'd you about the other day?

Did I read you have chance to go to Fl and Disney? Go, Have a good time. In the long run it really won't make that much difference. You're only 16 once! Every year you get older the harder it will be to get away.
    Mark
    1700 Taps /1600 on Vac. 3x10 King evaporator
    20 head Charolais cattle
    8 head Lowline Angus
    28 Miniature horses
    90 hives honey bees
    JD 4430 tractor

Take the trip Dano! Twice during sugaring season near the end i took a nice spring break trip. Its really rewarding after all the hard work. So i missed a few runs. To me the trips far out weighed the money i could have made off the runs, and as others said it just gets harder as you age. I'm 23 and i hardly have enough time anymore to do anything! Too many things need to be done and when you think you're done... you're not even halfway there!
    80-100 taps
    2x6 patrick phaneuf Evaporator

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Ya your still young enough to wear the funny ears on the plane ride home.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    Went over to Acer's place today to help him get the stack up on his new evaporator. We walked a small section of his woods and found about 200 or so taps for a mainline that he wants to run and also found some other spots that could be tapped and run into totes to get that number up to 300 or so.

Acer helped me figure out how to swap my vacuum pump motor over from 115v to 230v. I tried it out when I got home, it runs great and still has all of the smoke in it. Thank you Dean.

Don't give up DanO it will all come together. You've worked too hard to give up now.
    Thanks for the help Russ,

Probably won't get that line up this year. After you left I cut my finger to the bone making Guacamole. Going to see a surgeon today to see if they can reattach the nerve so I can get the feeling back in it.

Dean

I've got 300 drops installed to date and should be adding another 50+ on existing mainlines and adding another 1-2 short mainlines to get another 50-100. Weekend went well, got my evaporator bricked and the pans on and will be running the piping to it from my feed tank this week. I should be able to test fire this weekend. Still have electrical to do in the sugar house, but should have that straightened out in a couple of weeks. When installing tubing over the weekend I lost my one-hand tool at the end of the day and in the snow. I know about where it is, but the snow’s over 2’ deep. Currently trying to track down a metal detector to aid in the search. The way it’ll probably work out is I won’t be able to find it; I’ll buy a new one, and will find it in the spring. Only benefit to that is I’d have an extra tool.
    Josh

2009 - 370 on vac. & 16 buckets
    2010 - 377 on vac.
    2011 - 590 on vac.
    2012 - 620 on high vac., 170 buckets, 110 on gravity tubing
    2013 - 830 mine + 800-1000 others
    2014 - 870 mine + 800-1000 others
    2017 - 920 mine + 500-700 others
    2018 - 902 mine + 500-700 others
    2019 - 902 mine + 700 others
    2020 - 902 mine + ???? others
    Atlas Copco Pump
    2.5'x8' 802maple Special with Dallaire pans
    H2O Innovation 600gph RO
    Spring Harvest Website

acer; what the heck are you doing making something other than maple..... LOL. hope all goes well and you get the felling back in that finger. I know that it hurts and that you can't do certain things. A speedy recovery to you.
    best outdoor syrup made in Maine...... loosing that title as we are moving indoors to a 12x16 sugar shack with a new to us 2x6 .
    Making syrup.

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww248/TapME/

Acer, make sure your wearing good gloves on that hand when your firing!! we don't want you smelling a burnt finger before you feel it burning !! :p

Hope it gets better soon!!! sounds like a nasty injury....
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Man I hope you have insurance. I cut the tip mostly off on my middle finger and they stiched it back on and put a big bandage around it and told me keep it ELEVATED................all the way home in the truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121323 ... LastLast