+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats killing the trees

In my neck of the woods the ash blight has killed all but a few of my ash trees ...bummer, the grain is beautiful and nobody seems to care that we're losing another tree to disease.

Could be beech bark disease. It might look similar to wooly adegid. It has white fuzzy spots on the bark. If it is, 90% of your beech will die in the next few years. Tell them foresters to get away from their computers and out in the woods. :? Also downstate here is emerald ash borer. An insect that came in wood crates from China and escaped. Southeast Michigan has lost most of it's ash and the insect is still spreading despite a quarentine on moving firewood and logs from the area. So Ash and Beech may be in big trouble here.

Most important though is watch out for the asian longhorn beetle... our assotiation is working hard on educating the public!! with every jug of syrup I sell there will be a brocure stuck in the handle telling and showing pictures and info on the **** beetle... if anyone wants to know more I can help you out.. I don't know if we can order more brochures or what but I can find out.
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12