+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Log load firewood

Default Log load firewood

What is the going rate for a log truck of firewood? I talked to 2 different loggers today. One said $1600 for a truckoad (12 cord) and the other told me somewhere between $1200 and $1400. With heating oil being under $2/gallon, I would have thought firewood prices would have dropped some.
    Kevin

I don't know about VT but here in NY $600 for a 18 cord load. I just let four loads go down the road for the use of a skidder and a man to run it. Just to pull out two loads for me. Other wise it would have payed About $100 per load, they pull it out. Now that was Soft maple tops. But I heat my house with a outside wood boiler on Soft maple. If it's dry it burn good.
    100 taps
    Percheron draft horses
    Back out side and to small of
    an evaporator!

Does VT have a 50 mile rule. Here in NY you can't transport fire wood more then 50 miles. Spread of Ash bore is the reason for that. Maybe part of the reason if your in a area were there is a lot of demand for fire wood. But to me that is just way to much to pay!!! You would be better off on oil at that price!!! For that kind of money it better be cut, split, delivered, wasahed and stacked!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by gator330; 01-05-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    100 taps
    Percheron draft horses
    Back out side and to small of
    an evaporator!

Around here you can get a tri axel load about 8 cord for 500 to 600 a load.
    Truck and pup , about 10 to 12 cord 800 to 900 a load.

yeah here in Ma. too 8 cord load for around 600

I'm still working on my last load.....
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

Those prices sound more realistic, I think that I'll keeping looking because I can get wood that is split and delivered for $150/cord, wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay $133 and then have to do all the work
    Kevin

Thats a no brainer..... they must be insane or greedy!!
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

i dont know where u are in vt but try danny luke he is in arlington

I am paying $110.00/cord delivered 16' lengths. Cordwood is selling $275 green.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Default Fire wood

I just today paid $20.00 for 1 1/2 cord of slab wood. All hardwood, came in 8-12' sections and i cut it as I took it off the truck. My son and I did this in just over 2 hours. The guy has about 8-10 more bundles left from wood he did this spring and summer. Not much to split but I will be doing this in the shack as I need to. This is my first year with wood so I think I got a good deal.

Brian
    Brian Kelly
    Red Shed Sweets
    2x6 Leader drop flue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast